As NewBeetle.org has grown into a large online community, so has our need for specific, measurable rules and guidelines. The rules below represent essential policies, which, if broken, may result in banishment (usually proceeded by a single warning). All rules apply to any type of content you publish on the site. This includes, but is not limited to: post subjects, body of posts, avatars, "user title" messages, signature lines, photos, links, etc. In the case of borderline or questionable infractions, moderators and administrators will collectivley make a "final call". Site Administrators reserve the right to add, remove, or modify rules at any time. Your use of the site is an agreement to abide by these rules.
- Always post new threads to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented. Thou shall not cross-post the same (or similar) thread to multiple forums.
- Profanity of any type will not be tolerated in subject lines. In the body of posts, please put yourself on "primetime network TV" rules. If Ross or Rachel wouldn't get away with saying it on "Friends," don't say it here. All profanity rules also apply to creat1ve sp3ll1ngs and other cens*ring techn**ques.
- Personal attacks or name-calling will not be tolerated. If you feel that you are being attacked or flamed please resist the urge to defend yourself and bring the offending post(s) to the attention of a moderator, instead. Attacking back is a sure-fire way to get yourself banned, as well.
- Do not encourage any illegal activity. While discussion of hot topics (such as the legalization of narcotics) is welcome in our Hot Topics area, blatant promotion of illegal activities is not. In particular, do not joke about, post pictures of, or attempt to condone driving under the influence of a mind-controlling substance, street racing or the breaking of other laws. Linking to other sites that encourage illegal activities is also forbidden.
- Do not post pornographic or objectionable material. This includes, but is not limited to, photos, videos, text, and links to outside sources. Again, consider "network TV" rules.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself. The includes, but is not limited to, posting under secondary usernames, falsifying your e-mail address, hijacking the accounts of others, etc. Any of these are grounds for banishment.
- Respect the privacy of other members and individuals. Posting personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, etc.) about others is grounds for banishment.
- Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or local laws. In particular, observe all intellectual property laws (copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, NDA-bound material etc.) when posting material that you do not own. NewBeetle.org will not be held responsible for your lack of interest or knowledge.
- Respect all members, including forum moderators and administrators. It is a thankless job these folks volunteer to do, and cleaning up other people's messes is never fun.
The guidelines listed below are enforceable rules, but their infraction will not result in warning or banishment (unless the offending party refuses to comply).
- PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT. Use of all-caps in posts is not only annoying, it's also very difficult to read.
- Signature lines should contain no more than five lines of text. If you wish to provide more information, please link to it.
Rules for Commercial Posts
Infraction of the following guidelines for commercial posts is grounds for banishment:
- Please post as a commercial entity only when there is something "new" to inform users of. A new company, a new product, a new sale - these are examples of valid reasons to post. Please do not post just to remind users that you exist (if you wish to do this, please contact email@example.com to find out about acquiring banner ad space).
- Please keep your posts confined to the "Marketplace" area of the site.
- Please do not cross-post the same information in multiple areas.
How Rules Are Enforced
Site Administrators and Forum Moderators have the ability to edit or remove any rule-infracting post. All users have the ability to report posts which they feel may be an infraction. In the case of borderline infractions, moderators and adminisrators will work together to arrive at a decision. If an individual breaks a rule for the first time, they will be warned. Further infractions may result in additional warning, but could also result in banishment from the forums.
"Second chances" after banishment are often granted for banished users who ask politely and profess to "change their ways." Second chances are only granted by the administrators of this site. "Second chance" users will be considered on probation for 30 following their reinstatement.