Submit a photo for the homepage
You must be logged in to NewBeetle.org in order to submit a photo for the homepage. Log in or register.
Photo submission guidelines
NewBeetle.org staff determine which photos appear in the homepage rotation. Not all submitted photos will be accepted. For the homepage, we are looking for great photos, not great cars. We don't care if you bug is stock to the bone or tricked to the nines. We just want inpactful, wow-inducing photos of New Beetles. Please bear that in mind.
In order to be approved, all submitted photos must:
- Be exactly 550 pixels wide by 250 pixels tall.
- Have a New Beetle as the primary subject(s) of the photo.
- Be devoid of additional information. Including text, URLs, and other information in your photo will disqualify it.
- Be of your car. If you are sending a picture of a group of cars, one of them should be yours. If you are including other NewBeetle.org member's cars in your photo, pelase get their permission to submit the image.
- Be a photo that you hold the copyright for, or that you have expressed, written permission to submit from the copyright holder.
- Be a high-quality digital file that doesn't include pixelation or excessive compression artifacts.
- Be a photograph. Illustrations, Photoshop compositions, and other artwork are not desired for the homepage. We want photographs. Subtle digital enhancement (color correction, etc.) is fine, but please do not submit digitally-concocted works.
Note: The NewBeetle.org stylesheet automatically displays the rounded corners and NewBeetle.org logo on your photo. You do not need, nor should you attempt, to include these elements in your file.