VW Beetle Forum banner

Oil Pressure Gauge

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jc918t 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase a full sweep oil pressure gauge, but I don't know what pressure range to buy, 0-100, 0-150, or 0-200. Any recomendations? Also Electric? or Mechanical?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have used and installed products from the top three gauge manufactures over the years (stewart Warner, Autometer, VDO), they all make quality stuff but I see Autometer as the most innovative with the largest selection, it is also the most used in professional car and boat racing.

I would suggest Autometer's Cobalt series electric gauges, the are every bit as accurate as mechanical gauges but typically easier to install, they match the factory gauge scheem, they are full sweep and very high quality, I use six of the Cobalt gauges in my car..

#3 ·
Thanks for the input, but which range should I go with? I already have two of the ultra-lite series with $9 blue Led's to tie into the color scheme, but they offer the three different sweep ranges I listed in my original post. Perhaps I should be asking, What is the normal oil pressure range for a 1.8 turbo? and then go from there...

Thanks again for the reply, I would really appreciate a range suggestion.

JC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.