VW Beetle Forum banner

2000 new beetle check engine light 1.8

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Smileybug 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 2000 1.8 new beetle that i have a code p1426 and codep1602 the check engine light is on and my radio does nothing screen is blank checked fuses none are bad been working at this problem way to long can someone help where can i find a listing for the fuses in my in car fuse panel i bought this car 2 years ago thanks any help appreciated

#4 ·
17834/P1426/005158 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Open Circuit
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Ligh (MIL) active

Possible Causes

EVAP Purge Valve (N80) faulty
Wiring/Connectors from/to EVAP Purge Valve (N80) faulty
Fuel Pump Relay (J17) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check EVAP Purge Valve (N80)
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to EVAP Purge Valve (N80)
Check Fuel Pump Relay (J17)

18010/P1602/005634 - Power Supply B+ Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
Possible Causes

Cables on the Battery were removed
Battery weak (voltage)
Generator Disfunction

Possible Solutions

Check Battery Cables
Check/Replace Battery
Check/Replace Generator

Special Notes

If multiple Control Module have Power Supply Faults stored, it's most likely to be one common Problem like the ones shown above. Otherwise when only one or two Control Modules have such Codes stored you better start searching at the individual Power Supply of these Modules.

Terminal 30 means unswitched battery power that is supplied even when the ignition is off. This is not referring to any physical terminal numbered 30.

Looks like the second code relates to the battery, which could explain the radio problems. Take a good look at your cables and make sure they're good. Also looks like you have an EVAP issue, based on the first code. Hopefully this helps. I got this info from: Ross-Tech Wiki in case you want to investigate more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.