VW Beetle Forum banner

Check Engine Light on...another code!?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MATTSBUG 
#1 ·
does anyone know if its going to be okay for me to use my car for at least the next week with this code:

Heater Sensor Circuit Malfunction?

I drove it a lot yesterday, like 200 miles worth and it seemed to run fine. Does anyone know what this code means? I can still take it to the dealer to have them fix the problem, because I have the warranty until..March?!

It's a 2002 GLS 2.0L with AT...

if someone could help me out here that'd be great.

oh and a couple weeks ago, a code came up that was something like cylinder misfire or something like that, my car was all bouncy and sluggy sounding when i started it up, my dad played around under the hood and got the code off, hasn't happened since, but I was wondering if it was because of the extreme cold?

thanks!

:D

#5 ·
And the good news is that is it covered by warranty. Both the EPA emissions warranty, the VW recall, and the basic warranty. Just take it in, and have the dealer do the dirty work.
If you do it, just put the car up on a set of ramps. Wiggle under the car with a wrench, and remove the O2 sensor after unplugging it. You will see it screwed into a bung just after the cat.

#8 ·
MATTSBUG said:
I think I might just take it in...I'm home alone this week and part of next...and I don't wanna risk blowing up my car!!! lol :p

As long its okay to drive for another week I'll be all set! Thanks for info though! :D
To each their own.... however, the part is $50 and all that is needed to change it is a ramps (or a jack and two jack stands) and an adjustable wrench. It will take you longer to get it in the air that it will to change it. So, if you have it done "professionally", don't overpay. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.