NewBeetle.org Forums - View Single Post - New Bug, New Questions!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 PM

Car: 2012 Tornado Red VW Beetle Tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Yellow Bug View Post
thanks IndyTom,

I definitely agree with you...

anyways, I will be regarding the mentioned issues asap, but in the meantime here's what I got for codes:

P0103
Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit High Input

P0202
Injector Circuit / Open - Cylinder

P0135
o2 Sensor Heater Bank 1 Sensor 1

Can anyone direct me what to do next/where to start? Really looking forward to get it back in working order.

Thank You so much in advance, and too all you guys with your input so far. Really appreciated.
The P0103 is a MAF Sensor code. TAke off the Mass airflow sensor and clean it with some MAF or electronic cleaner.
If that doesn't help you may need to replace it.

Here is a list of MAF sensor depending on your Engine Code:

OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

The second code P0202 could be because of the faulty MAF but it could also be an issue with one of your fuel injectors. I would check the spark plugs and wires for any problems.

Possible causes

- Fuel Injector 2 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel injector 2 circuit poor electrical connection

- Faulty fuel injector
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

Code P0135 points to a faulty O2 sensor. Sensor Number 1 which is the pre cat sensor.

Check the connection to the sensor and also check your Catalytic converter. If it is bad it could throw that code as well. When it goes the ceramic inside superheats and breaks up into smaller pieces and then clogs the exhaust system. You can try and shake it a bit and see if it rattles. If it does it is more than likely toast. If not than it's just your Pre cat O2 sensor.

Good Luck