VW Beetle Forum banner

Unlearn a remote fob

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bitjoe 
#1 ·
So I did something silly today.

I have two Beetles with different remote styles (rounded buttons one and the more common vw square one).

I decided to see if I could get the older car to use the newer style remote off the other car. Yes it works! Old car had no problem learning the new remote.

But now I have a remote that can unlock both cars. I only want it to unlock one car. How do I "unlearn" the remote fob from one car?

#2 ·
You might find this useful:

mk4 and B5 Remote Learning with VCDS by Ross Tech - YouTube

Adaptation 00 will clear all remotes.

If you have manual crank windows, then you would scan address 35 Central Locking instead of 46, but still go into Adaptation channel 00 to clear learned remote values.

#4 ·
I've got 3 cars on the same key and remote. It is great, I always have the correct key when I go out.

If you disarm the alarm (unlock doors with remote), but don't open up the car, the alarm will rearm and lock the doors after 1 minute.

The remote has no clue about anything.... you could set up 1 remote to lock/unlock 100 cars at the same time, remote don't care.

#5 ·
hello mate.. i'm a newbie! :D i think thats a pretty annoying situation.. why dont you try doing this following steps i found for your key fobs..

Remote control erasing

1997 or later

Switch ignition on and leave the key in the ignition
Lock the vehicle by using a manual key from driver’s door
Press he remote control lock button 5 times within 1 second intervals. The horn should sound or the indicators flash
After 6 seconds press the unlock button once to activate memory erase
Switch ignition off

i hope it works and helps! :) if not try going to the page and see more here Volkswagen

cheers mates!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.