VW Beetle Forum banner

Found a bug salvage yard

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Lnzbug 
#1 ·
In the middle of no where Tennessee. Actually it is less than 10 miles from my house in Lewisburg. I had been hoping to find some junked NBs because I am wanting to scrounge for parts that I need (rear headrests & rear cargo cover). There wasn't anything here for me but they do have quite a few air cooled.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good info!!

But that made me sad - it's a Beetle graveyard!:(:D

#4 ·
With a little work and imagination, this doesn't have to be their final resting place. They can become............
This

Attachments

#6 ·
Sorry to say it, but that's the direction I'm heading with my next air sucker.;)

Of course, I won't cut up a good car but will most likely start with a bug someone has already hacked up for a baja. Chop the top, dropped model A tube axle with hairpins, vintage Halibrand wheels and wide whitewall bias plys:cool::cool::cool:
I've been down every vintage aircooled road (non coach built) you can travel, just check out my "other rides" thread. This time will probably be my last time and I want something "in your face". A real "pi$$ off the purists" ride.:D

Unless lnzbug's "eek" wasn't directed at me. In that case, never mind;):D

#8 ·
Whew, I had taken you for more of a liberal than that:D
The only thing I can say about the OB graveyard is that they are still hopefully available to scavange from. Better than shredded and heading to China:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.