features of an nb - Page 2 - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > News > Features

Features NewBeetle.org feature articles on various New Beetle topics.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
<-----No More Beetle :(

Car: 2008 R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha1963 View Post
You can drop the windows by using the key in the door?? I have to learn this trick.
You can also close them by turning the key in the door. If your sunroof (if you have one) is open it will close that too but it won't open it if it's closed.

Skittle & Me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 AM
turbo

Car: 84 rabbit L diesel

hows does one accomplish this raising and lowering the windows with the key
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlwrPwer View Post
He was obviously not talking about the convertible seeing as how there is no room in the trunk for luggage or groceries
I recently put 13 plastic bags of groceries in my NBC trunk. I was impressed!

Old 11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck731 View Post
hows does one accomplish this raising and lowering the windows with the key
To open the windows, put your key in the door, turn it toward the hood, and hold it in that position. In about 3-4 seconds the windows will begin to open. To close them, just turn and hold the key toward the rear of the car.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 PM
turbo

Car: 84 rabbit L diesel

thats pretty cool
Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM

Car: 2009 NBC Harvest Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffmole View Post
That would be easy if its like our local Wal-Mart here - one to two items per plastic bag!

I haven't seen an adult since I was a kid!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 AM

USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffmole View Post
I too am amazed at all I get in the vert's trunk. The opening itself is not that big, but the trunk is good sized. I think I can get more in there then I could when I had the 66 bug and the paper grocery bags had to go in that odd shaped trunk by the gas filler cap!
Attached Images/Files

2008 Ford Focus SEL
1998 Ford Explorer
Old 12-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbeetle View Post
I too am amazed at all I get in the vert's trunk. The opening itself is not that big, but the trunk is good sized. I think I can get more in there then I could when I had the 66 bug and the paper grocery bags had to go in that odd shaped trunk by the gas filler cap!
Is that photo your '66? That's a nice looking one...
I'm still amazed that a full-sized spare can come out of the NBC trunk. I hope I never have to see it, though, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
That would be easy if its like our local Wal-Mart here - one to two items per plastic bag!
These were pretty full for the most part...
Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
krissyROCKSdotcom

Car: Salsa Red 06 TDI BUG
Default ?

okay so the only irritating thing Ive found about my bug is if I dont run to the back after I pop the trunk it latches back - I guess b/c of the weight of the door... any fixes? suggestions? ways around this?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
VW Junky

Car: 1999 GLS 2.sl0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyROCKSdotcom View Post
okay so the only irritating thing Ive found about my bug is if I dont run to the back after I pop the trunk it latches back - any fixes? suggestions? ways around this?
Yeah,i have yet to fiqure this out as well.Both my hatch+gas lid switches dont work,but when they did for about 3 days it became annoying,so i just use the fob.

Agreed,any suggestions from the "hatch gurus" greatly appreciated.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
krissyROCKSdotcom

Car: Salsa Red 06 TDI BUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70autostick View Post
Yeah,i have yet to fiqure this out as well.Both my hatch+gas lid switches dont work,but when they did for about 3 days it became annoying,so i just use the fob.

Agreed,any suggestions from the "hatch gurus" greatly appreciated.
okay - fob it is - if anyone else figures out something diff please fill me in
Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyROCKSdotcom View Post
okay so the only irritating thing Ive found about my bug is if I dont run to the back after I pop the trunk it latches back - I guess b/c of the weight of the door... any fixes? suggestions? ways around this?

I can help you with this one! (If you have a hatchback as opposed to a trunk.)

There is a tricků Right after you use the switch to pop the hatchback, quickly push the drivers door shut. The air pressure inside the car is increased by the door shutting and ( at least in our bug) this causes the hatch to pop up past the point where it relocks.

This is also handy when there is a lot of snow holding the hatchback down.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Returning senior member

Car: 99 grn/Blk leather,1.8 T,5-sp, Eibach springs & Damped, -2"frt.-1.5" rear. 2.5 Tectonics SS ex, K%N
Default 99 GLS + hatch release...

VW's suggested price for the 99 GLS 1.8 Turbo was $19,000.00. I ordered this car in April, 99 and took delivery the very end of June, 99. It had the "Luxury Package" and the partial leather package as factory options in addition to a $525.00 delivery charge pushing the price up to the total of $21,375.00My car with all it's options is really a GLX except for the anti-skid program or what ever VW was calling it in the very beginning. I had a center console from an 02 installed a 2 1/2 years later. It's EPA rated at 25 MPG city/31 MPG highway. This car was one of the very first 1.8 turbo engined cars imported from Mexico and has the 170 HP tuned engine from a Audi TT. I had it dynoed 6 months after I got it just to make sure. That same tuned engine was also used in other models that made use of this 1.8 turbo engine. At any rate, even in 1999 a NB could indeed cost over $22,000 and thats without any dealer installed options. My rear hatch has been adjusted a couple of times for incomplete un-latching and still does it every so often. There are instructions on how to do this yourself in these forums. It's not too hard. The gas lid unlatcher is a little more difficult but it can be adjusted by yourself with instruction found here. MAX MPG I've seen in my car is 52 MPG while driving west on I 90 in Montana, A/C off, windows up, about 50 degrees outside, very level highway driving at 50 MPH and with an extremely light foot. It's just too hard to resist that Turbo and the Montana state polices lax speeding policy!!! Of course I've also seen 17 MPG too climbing mountains in Colorado using high altitude gas(87 octane) with the A/C on... Oh well, This is still the best car I have ever had! JK

Turbomania
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 AM
"SunShine" 01 1.8T 5sp.

Car: 01 1.8T yellow VW Beetle

There is a thread to tell you how to fix it because I read it today and fixed mine and it fixed the switch in door not working so now it works.. I have a full size spare in my bug and I am so going to try the window trick when I get home in morning.. lol.. I work nights so I tinker with my bug alot when I get home after work while its still cool.. Or in the evenings every now and then.. lol
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Include me on the map?
Select this if you would like to show your location on the world map of NewBeetle.org members. City, state/province, country, and zip (for USA members) must also be filled in.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.