2012 VW Beetle Revealed with More Retro Look - Page 3 - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > News > Latest News

Latest News Read and discuss the latest news about everyone's favorite car.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Car: 2002 NBS

^^^ To Die For ^^^
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: '05 Vert "Dark Flint Limited Edition"
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Nice job, I'll wait for the convertible
x2!

More Retro? I don't see it! And I learned to drive in a '60 Model! Nice, however! Way better interior!

M.
'01 Corvette Convertible, Magnetic Red, Light Oak Top, Light Oak Leather Interior
'96 Suburban LT 2500, 454BB, Summit White, Neutral Leather Interior
'95 Camaro Z28 Convertible, Polo Green, Black Top, Tan Leather Interior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Catch me riding s00ty!

Car: Formally 2001.5 Sport 5speed-- Titan Currently 2005.5 Jetta TDI

MoAr pictures:

note to self. Get the bixenons at whatever cost!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: 2002 TDI GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhicken View Post

As a bonus, the party continues tonight with a special MTV world event with the Black Eyed Peas [gave the tix to my daughter].

-jeffrey
I hope the new Beetle performs better than the Black Eyed Peas.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM
treiber gefunden

Car: 2004 CONVERTIBLE GLS 2.0L

Here is a video of it, still don't see the "more retro look"
Not a bad looking car, just don't think is more retro in any way
Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White

At first glance, I don't like the taillights, but love everything else. My daughter will get my 2000 GLS when she graduates high school in 2015. I will then look for about a 2013-2014 version of this, slightly used.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A

Car: 2004 GLS Convertible

I will say this. I remember when they made the major chages to the body in 2006, I didn't like it, at first, but it grew on me. Where is the budvase? I really REALLY want to get a 2010 final edition. Does anyone know the available colors on that?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM

I'm impressed, that said I will make my mind up when I see him in the showroom. I will also wait for a year or two to let VWAG work out any quirks out.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonK View Post
Not getting the "WOW" factor as of yet!

Still loving the "New Beetle" More like it was, but glad Vw is keeping the beetle going!!!

JonK
Yeah, while first impression i don't like it, I do love the fact that VW cares enough to keep the dream (car) alive! I mean, right now If I had the money and could get the 2012 or a 2010 final edition, I'd go, hands down with the 2010. But, like you said Jonk, they aer still making our little car! Many people said they quit making it because of poor sales. But evidently something is good about them! *Goes out to the garage and gives Ernie a hug*
Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Proud TOD Maiden Voyager

Car: '13 Jetta SportWagen TDI, '06 Miata MX-5

Brochure from VW of Germany:

Highlights < Beetle < Modelle < Volkswagen Deutschland
Old 04-18-2011, 07:57 PM

I'm curious about something. Why the hype? I mean I really thought VW was going to come out with a retro Bug, maybe even a rear mounted engine. I mean if it were still going to be a beetle, it would have to be Round? I thought they were going to have wheels like Jonk and some of the guys on here did, more like the rear engine mounted Beetle. This just seems like more of a facelift like in 2006. I know this bug is going to grow on me, I KNOW i'll feel differently after it has been out for a while, it'll grow on me. It did do one thing though, it has made me appreciate my Ernie all the more. Going to get out in the sunshine and do some cleaning!!! Get some sunshine! I wonder who will be the first of us who will buy it?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Member Sponsor

PA, USA
Car: (Rosebug) 2008 Salsa Red with Black roof, mirrors & spoiler, NB 2.5 S Coupe, 96K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I'm curious about something. Why the hype? I mean I really thought VW was going to come out with a retro Bug, maybe even a rear mounted engine. I mean if it were still going to be a beetle, it would have to be Round? I thought they were going to have wheels like Jonk and some of the guys on here did, more like the rear engine mounted Beetle. This just seems like more of a facelift like in 2006. I know this bug is going to grow on me, I KNOW i'll feel differently after it has been out for a while, it'll grow on me. It did do one thing though, it has made me appreciate my Ernie all the more. Going to get out in the sunshine and do some cleaning!!! Get some sunshine! I wonder who will be the first of us who will buy it?
Scott, this is what I was thinking, Good post!

JonK
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: 2000 GLS Cyber Green, 2010 S Candy White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
Many people said they quit making it because of poor sales. But evidently something is good about them! *Goes out to the garage and gives Ernie a hug*
My take? Slow sales or not, VW knows that the Beetle in any form is an icon. The Beetle IS Volkswagen. They did not want to repeat the same mistake they made in 1979, when it was first taken away from us.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:08 PM
got NB Toys?

Car: '01 NB GLX

Wow, that grey on grey interior is very boring!! The only bit of colour is the body-colour on the dash. I assume that will carry over to all the colours released. Otherwise, SNORE! Wanna see a nice interior just look at the new Focus.

And, no split rear-folding rear seat either.

IMHO, the front end of the car in this spy photo is much better... http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...tle/index.html

Again, I don't see anyone here going crazy enough to rush down to their dealer and put down a deposit like in 1998.

Howie
Old 04-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Dubbed Spiderman

Car: 98 2.0 5 Speed

I am not keen on the tail lights. Should be round. The is gone. The one color seats are definitely drab. No rear vent windows. I need to see it in person and it needs to be the right color combo for me.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 PM
got NB Toys?

Car: '01 NB GLX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opelmania View Post
I am not keen on the tail lights. Should be round. The is gone. The one color seats are definitely drab. No rear vent windows. I need to see it in person and it needs to be the right color combo for me.
Yes, the taillights need to be round like the fronts and the 1998's.

And, looking at that dash again... looks like it came out of a Buick!!

Howie

Last edited by Howie; 04-18-2011 at 08:46 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 PM

Looks like a big improvement over the previous car! I was seriously disappointed when VW gave up on the 1.8T engine and never offered the 2.0T. To me, it seemed like they gave up on the car at that point, regardless of the minor face-lift the car got. I repeatedly mentioned to our dealer that if VW would offer the 2.0T, we'd trade our chipped 1.8T (now with almost 220,000 miles) in for one. Maybe we'll finally get the chance. And personally, I am glad they traded some of the "cute" for performance and functionality.

Now, how about the AWD "R" version.... :-)

Last edited by tjd; 04-18-2011 at 09:05 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 PM

IA, USA
Car: 2003; all black vert ; 2010 Red Rock. a Bahama Blue 1966 and a 1967 named Francis

From the German site the only color I could see having is the red one and with the old skool steelie looking rims.

I would, in fact like a set of those for my Red Rock and plan on getting some. I wonder how much they'll cost
Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 PM

Car: Blush

I been staring at the photos over and over like everyone else I'm just not getting any emotion like the NB. 2012 is a nice 'car', no different than a golf or TT, refined and better than the previous in everyway except there's no connection.

Lots of people commenting about the tail lights, IMO it's the most interesting part of the design definitely not Beetle, but they took a chance and push the design limits.

The interior is the most disappointing, no words to describe.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 PM

Car: 2001 VW Beetle GL 2.slow

i like it, i'm going to check it out Saturday at the show in Manhattan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.