PIP Roof Rack for New VW beetle - $400 - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Marketplace > New Beetle Classifieds

New Beetle Classifieds List your car for sale, or list a want ad for the Beetle you desire.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 09:11 PM

Default Complete PIP Roof Rack for New VW beetle - $400

I have for sale a complete PIP vw roof rack. These are very hard to find. Comes with all mounting brackets from PIP. One of the PIP badges may be missing or not. I'll look. It is in excellent condition except for the usual paint peeling and some superficial rust. The wood is looking good as well. Ready for for the roof! Price does not include shipping. I am in Massachusetts.

Below I have included pictures of the one I had on my yellow 99 bug so you can see what it looks like painted to match a car. very nice. The one for sale is the OEM black. The pics of the yellow roof rack are for illustration purposes only.

I cannot ship this to Europe as it will cost $500 to $700 USD. Unless you want to pay that. But I'm pretty sure you don't.

e-mail me at
bicyclezero@yahoo.com
Attached Images/Files

Last edited by bicyclezero; 09-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: 2x requests for shipment to Europe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 AM

hello, my name is mario, and I'm from Mexico, so I can not buy your rack but I'm building one for my beetle and if you can provide me some pictures of the rack mounting system, you would help me a lot because the rack assembly that I did was based on a more rustic system and I would like to improve it!

thank you very much!!

this is my beetle.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 AM

Car: PEDRO 99 BEETLE GLS
Default Re: PIP Roof Rack for New VW beetle - $400

Si hombre! Es is muy guapo!

Sent
Old 03-18-2013, 02:01 AM

Default attaching the pip roof rack

To attach the roof rack you must pry off the strips of metal at either edge of the roof. Be careful. You will want these back some day. In these now exposed channel is where these mounts will go. There is an outer bracket and an inner pressure plate. Through a threaded knob they oppose each other when the knob is put through a hole in the outer bracket into a bolt welded to the pressure plate. As you turn the knob (with both items in the channel) the two elements spread apart until they expand to push against either side of the channel. Once tight - they are going to be the thing the rack bolts to. There is a hole in the outer bracket which a bolt will go through and attach to the rack itself. In your case if you make something like this you will probably just weld it so it looks cleaner. Below are some pics. I hope my description and picture taking helps.

Matt
Attached Images/Files

Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 AM

Default PIP parts

believe it or not - I have an extra set of the outer bracket parts and of the knobs. The pressure plate is a pretty simple piece of metal, slightly bent with a foot attached to it (the foot sits in the channel, coated with rubber tips, and applys the pressure to the channel to hold the feet in place) The pressure plate has a hole drilled in it with a bolt welded to one side for the knob to screw into. it is pretty heavy gauge metal. Maybe 3/16" thick.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 PM

thank you very much for the information may be of great help, if we decide to carry it out I will send you pictures.

When I told my wife what I had asked you, she told me that if you VW enthusiastic, you would send me some help to me.

thank you again
Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Village Idiot

Car: 2000 Yellow GLX, 2006 2.0T Jetta

Still fs?

And how firm are you on the price. I'm looking at a fully restored one that still has the emblems for the same price you are asking. Would you do $250?

Does yours have the rubber inserts for the rain gutter?

Thx!

D!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:54 PM

I am pretty firm on the price as it will also be a bit of work to box it up properly. Some parts for the rubber inserts are there - some are not I think I only have a couple of the short sections. I often contemplated cutting the factory inserts as I never liked the look of the rubber that came with the roof rack and the shorter sections were always falling out! Shipping is around $160 to the east coast via UPS.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM

Default Item Sold!

Thanks for all of your interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.