Back window regulator/motors! VW Recall! - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > New Beetle Convertible

New Beetle Convertible Technical discussion specific to the New Beetle Convertible.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: 2004 NBC named "Powder"
Default Back window regulator/motors! VW Recall!

ODI - Office of Defects Investigation Go to this page (said it takes a few days to register the complaint) Enter this number ODI Number: 10282664
I have started a complaint! Lets see if we can post this in other forums too! Lets get VW up off their butts and fix this.
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM

Car: 2003 New Beetle Convertible GLS

I filed mine for my 2003 NBC... I am so tired of this issue! Everyone go to http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and file one for your car if you are having this problem. We need to try to get VW to do a recall on this as it affects so many of us and VW is simply making money off their design/part flaw!

Last edited by hake0305; 09-04-2009 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: insert link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 05:20 PM

England, United Kingdom
Car: 2004 Cabriolet

will they do this for the rest of the world too because I am so sick of all of the window issues I have had not just the rear ones?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Car: 2003 New Beetle Convertible GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverthang View Post
will they do this for the rest of the world too because I am so sick of all of the window issues I have had not just the rear ones?

I actually filed a complaint for my front windows... those are the only ones I have problems with. Anyone can go to that website and file a claim about their vehicle. Generally you would file if the manufacturer won't fix the problem under a recall or if you think it is a defect. I think the window issue is both since so many people have problems with it.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 PM

Car: 2010 Beetle Convertible

Nice, I didn't know this existed.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Car: 2003 NBC GLS
Default done

I have filed a complaint as well. My wife's went out in July and I have not fixed as it is in the shop to have the transmission replaced. Which is a whole other story!

Last edited by mattobryant; 08-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM

So, is this issue for only 2003 models? I have a 2005 convertible with 38,000 miles, and so far no window problems. Did they finally fix the problem by the time they got to the 2005 models?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:59 PM

God, does anyone every respond to this? I'm new to this forum, but it's been several days and no one has responded. I guess the window problem is not an issue for the 05 models. Good. Or, not many people visit these forums.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Member Sponsor

MD,
Car: 2005 Aquarius Blue New Beetle Convertible

Samman - I have a 2005 and have had two of the regulators fixed (one front, one back). I actually thought my other back one was broken as well recently - but took it in to VW and they said the switch had gone bad.

So to answer your question - yes, the regulators were still an issue on 2005 models. Or mine, at least.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:02 PM

Car: 2005 New Beetle 1.8T Convertible

I just filed my complaint....hopefully something can be done.

www.twitter.com/NuggetAdventure
Old 10-02-2010, 09:58 PM

Car: 2003 Convertible
Angry Filed my complaint!

This is so ridiculous; VW obviously needs to man-up and take responsibility for their defective vehicles. I have filed numerous complaints!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 AM

I didn't know that there is a thread here that give emphasis to our concern in our car problems specifically the window regulator. Anyone here that have been given a solution by VW to their problem? Do they give priority to these problems?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:49 AM

Ours is a 2005, both rears broken.
here is a good "how to" on fixing it yourself.
New Beetle Quarter Window Replacement - Auto Tools | Denlors Auto Blog

Also, front "drop down" feature drops glass for a second, the goes right back up. Would love advice on that issue...
Old 02-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Car: 05 NB Convertible/1.8t, 79 F100, 79 Volvo 264, 84 Volvo 245 Ti, 01 Expedition, 88 BMW R100RS
Angry '05 NBC rear quarter window issues

My daughter's NBC has experienced the same issue. Cheap plastic part that the dealer get ~$100 for the replacement kit (new cables, spool, and cable retainer). VW won't do anything about this unless their hand is forced because they are making loads of $$ by selling these kits or the complete carrier unit (~$260). That plus 2.5 hrs labor that is specified in the book adds up to a pretty penny.

I've registered my complaint. Urge other users to do this as well, even if they have not (yet) experienced the problem.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 AM
A Goat and a Bug

Car: 2004 GLX Vert / 2005 GTO

just bought a 2004 NB Vert. Top works great, drivers side door window is noisy. Rear side windows? Don't work at all.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle View Post
just bought a 2004 NB Vert. Top works great, drivers side door window is noisy. Rear side windows? Don't work at all.
Auto Parts and Discount Truck Parts at Car Parts Wholesale.com can order replacement parts for both sides from there under window regulators cost is 66.95 and 65.95 free shipping and then thers a how to on youtube to replace them or pay someone 4 hrs to complete by the book to do both
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM

the site wouldnt let me register my issues with my 04 bug. ive already paid for 3 of the 4 window regulators to be fixed just cant bring myself to dump another several hundred $$$ into this money pit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.