VW Beetle Forum banner

beetles and kids

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  bigcanoe 
#1 ·
Do beetle drivers under 18 get alot of crap for driving a beetle or not people dont make fun of them anymore?. also are the considered a nerd car 4 kids?
:confused:

#6 ·
well you know i am 18 and i owned it sence i was 16! and yes i am also a guy driving a "little bug" in a rural area, so i am made fun. but i dont give a flying a fish what they because i could have had like any car i wanted but did i go with a mustang? NO! hmmm how about an eclips? NOPE!!! or a honda civic? HELL NO!!!!!!!! i picked the car i wanted because that is what it all comes down to, what you want. sorry to get kinda heated lol. i was just in that VW mood, im shure many of you know what im sayn'. but yes it is kinda a little geeky *cough* Geek Squad *cough* i would work their just for the car! lol but i do have a sticker on my car that says "no I cant fix your computer so stop asking!" its great lol

#8 ·
actually, this has been something Ive thought about lately. Im 17, senior in high school, straight guy, and i have a new beetle convertible. its been bothering me lately that i think i made the wrong choice of car, because it is percieved as a girls car. i like the car, obvs thats why i bought it. i just hope it was a good choice......:confused:

#10 ·
sheesh....what is it about worrying about what people think when they see a Beetle. Driver might be gay, too young, too old, too fat, too skinny, too tall, too short...WHO CARES?! If it's a diesel, why is a girl driving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.