|Paint and Body The place to discuss paint and body related problems, modifications and custom ideas pertaining to the New Beetle.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
remove the entire front clip of the car. Makes it a ton easier.
1. Remove wheels and fender liners. there are a bunch of screws that hold on the liners. You take the wheels off to get to 2 of the screws that are behind the wheels
2. Remove all of the screws holding the fenders to the body. Don't forget to get the ones down by the running boards
3. Open the hood and remove the torx screws that around the engine bay holding the front fascia on.
3a. Remove the headlights now.
4. Get a buddy or 2 and now gently remove the entire clip from the car - both fenders and the front fascia. You will need to unplug the fogs (if you have them) and the temp sensor down by the left side near the fog light. Also unplug the blinkers/parking lights. This is why you need 2 friends. You will need work with the fenders to get them off - kind of a lift and separate.
5. There are 2 pressure plates holding the fenders to the fascia right at the seams on each side. Unbolt them.
6. Put the new fenders back on the fascia and reattach with the pressure plates being sure to line everything backup.
7. Reinstall the clip being sure to plug all the lights and temp sensor back in. Now would be a good time to test the lights to make sure you didn't miss something and that the temp sensor is working.
8. put the torx screws back in that hold the fascia to the engine bay.
9. bolt/screw the fenders back on
10. Put the fender liners back on
11. put the wheels back on
12. put the lights back in after cleaning the rails
13. Drink a beverage of choice and buy some pizza and admire your work.
Tater 2006 Harvest Moon Beige TDI Auto/Tiptronic/DSG Package 2 with XM
Former owner of:
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WTB: beetle S front bumper or one piece bumper with 3 vents. + Silver fender||turbobugger||Parts and Accessories||0||09-13-2008 10:56 PM|
|Fender and wing removal...||StarBuck||Paint and Body||5||06-28-2008 02:01 PM|
|Front bumper cover/fender removal||double j||Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle||5||06-04-2008 05:32 AM|
|Where should I buy a bumper cover and fender?||classicgameswi||Paint and Body||0||02-12-2008 12:12 AM|
|WTB: Bumper and fender||froggirl1022||Parts and Accessories||1||10-21-2007 06:47 AM|