VW Beetle Forum banner

2013 wrecked beetle build

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  robertsnowden1990 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum but not new to the Vw community. First car was a 74 Baja bug that I did a lot of work to. I have had many other vws after that also. I am in auto body and collision school right now (almost done) and I need a summer project soooo..... Why not by a new beetle. I love the looks and it's a VOLKSWAGEN!! This is by far the new Vw I've have owned or messed with so I will probably have a lot of questions that hopefully you guys can help me with. My plans right now are to get it all fixed a put backed together so I can get inspected ( stupid salvage title) then after that definitely going to slam it on air ride! ? then who know!?! I'm planning on keeping this till I dies so the plans are endless. But anyway here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I got pretty much all my parts in. I'm painting today and probably tomorrow. The new hood I bought had some dents so I took care of that. Test fitted the bumper and made sure everyting was lining up right. Put the new radiator support and fans on. Bad news is I have to drain the refrigerant so I can put everything else back on. Also got the new rear suspension in so I'll be put ting that in this week too. Anyways I'm just replacing parts now so here is some pictures

Attachments

#8 ·
I'm sooo close to being done! I got everything on minus a few screws and a bumper mount(on there way). All I have left is to paint the hood and trunk and it will be ready to roll.

Attachments

#12 ·
Well I'm on the road and driving it now. The paper work for the salvage title was hell but it's all done now. So now comes the custom work.... Already ordered a spoiler and am in the process of shaving the front bumper. And I'm about to put tint on it. Also I am going to be making a roof rack kind of like jwcardys roof rack but black maybe. Well anyways I'll keep us posted.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Congrats, looks like new! Now, that you are regularly driving the car; how do you like it?

Based on your above picture; that was a special car made for the SEMA event. According to this page;

Read more: http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/epcp-1304-2012-volkswagen-beetle-turbo/#ixzz3miGDOOTF

"After returning to California, the car was delivered to our friends at FMS Automotive in Cerritos. They would take our rendering and turn it into reality. Of course, the task at hand was no walk in the park. Every exterior design feature had to be created from scratch but this is what they do. FMS is charged by several carmakers to fabricate and fit their dealer styling kits, including VW of America itself.
Our one-off spoiler from FMS was inspired by classic Porsche ducktail
The front lip, rear bumper and tailgate spoiler were all sculpted by hand in foam and then molded before paint."

Maybe, you should contact; FMS and see if they will make and sell you one?

http://www.fmsautomotive.com/

#15 ·
ohmygosh....Thank you for saving this Beetle! :bowdown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.