VW Beetle Forum banner

Downtime's 2012 Beetle 2.5

17K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Downtime 
#1 · (Edited)
Here it is: my new pride and joy. A black on black 2012 Beetle comfortline, 5 speed manual with a 2.5L engine with 82000km.
Plans are simple: keep it clean, keep it healthy. No crazy mods, but maybe some lowering springs... we'll see. All I want is a sharp lookin' Bug.

Let's start with a few pictures:

I sprayed the front of my hood with "Flexidip" and it didn't turn out so great. I should of used the good stuff (Plastidip!) And I will. This weekend looks promising: paint calipers and redo front of hood. More pictures to come! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Got to clean and paint my calipers today, nice shiny silver...

Before:

After:

Still need an after picture with the wheels on...

When I walked out the store this morning, after getting the caliper paint, there was a nice red Porsche parked next to my Beetle...
Sweeeeet!

:cool:

#4 ·
A nice shot with wheels on!

Ahhhhh much better.

I resprayed the front of the hood with Plastidip, again not my best work, but better than my first attempt. I thought I was pretty good with rattle cans but this stuff is a little tricky... all because I can't find a good hood protector... the "LeBra" one dips too low for my taste. And I haven't seen anyone who seels a bug deflector for our cars... yet.

#5 ·
Brought the beetle at the dealership last week for the rear trailing arm recall. It doesn't look like much but apparently this reinforces the trailing arms....

Received some chrome exhaust tips I ordered on eBay, dresses up the rear of the Beetle nicely...

Went for a nice sunday drive out in the country today, found a nice spot for snapping a few pics...

:D

#11 ·
Last week I got around to cleaning up my engine bay, I was pretty dirty even after 84000km (52200miles) previous owner must of lived on a dirt road... Now, not a spec of dust anywhere! And I replaced the air filter with a new one from Mahle. Would love to get my hands on a battery box to replace that battery blanket.

Yesterday was an absolute gorgeous day so I took the family for a cruise and my dad tagged along with his 2000 Cabrio. Here's a few pics:

:wave2:

#15 ·
Hey! Is it Spring yet!?! I hate winter... just sayin` Anyways, I tried on some different wheels for the Beetle, oem 18'' Karthoum rims, before the snow hit us at the end of december... A few pics:

I prefer my Audi rims...

Had some fun with Tilt-shift photography:

My winter set-up... meh. Can`t wait for Spring so I can put my summer wheels back on!!!

I enjoy looking at everyone's pictures; hope you enjoy my pics too!!

:guitar:

#16 ·
Finaly got around to installing some H&R Sport springs on the Beetle, did it myself, took around 3 hours...

H&R says it will lower your car aprox. 1.5". Well mine only lowered it 1.2". I would of liked a bit more, but still a major improvement none the less. Improved handling and reduced wheel gap: mission accomplished!

Pardon the dirty bug, the snow has started melting and the dang roads are always wet, hard to keep a car clean in those conditions...

#17 ·
I love your Beetle, clean or dirty! :D

#21 · (Edited)
June 27th update! The Bug just rolled over 97000km (60273miles), still running like a champ! Still lovin' my H&R sport springs, no regrets. Painted my calipers red this time around. Some paint peeled off at the bottom of my passenger side fender, but will be fixed by VW sometime in July... that's what you get for not putting on mudflaps for the winter (lesson learned). Other than that, it's just fuel, wash and enjoy! I figured the Bug was due for some beauty shots, so I took these over the weekend:

:guitar:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.