VW Beetle Forum banner

Our 2012 VW Beetle Turbo

15K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Capriman86 
#1 ·
My wife bought this over the summer, 2012 VW Beetle Turbo with 12k miles, traded in her Kia Soul white tiger edition for it. The price was right for such a loaded beetle. Seems to have everything outside of being an R-Line which we are just fine with.

- HID Lights w/ LED DRL's
- Leather
- DSG Auto
- Moonroof
- Fender audio system with NAV
- 19" Tornados
- Push Start
- etc etc

I saw a beetle with some matte orange/black vinyl stripes so I ordered some of each and laid it on it last week or so. Painted the emblem up front black with some plasti-dip. I still need to do the rear emblem but have held off to make sure the Mrs likes what I have done. She did love the car stock, but not sure if this is a hit or miss for her just yet.

Here she is..........

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks!

I had seen a matte grey wrapped 12+ with orange wheels and stripes on a search, I loved the look and went for similar styling :cool:

#6 ·
Thanks! Yet my wife STILL isn't sure if she wants to keep the stripes I just put on, or go back to stock, sigh....... It's her car so we will see.

#10 ·
Got ya on Facebook but so its here too, 6.75 wide on the matte orange and they I laid 5" wide matte black on top of that, was all straight striping and had to come up with the cuts myself unfortunately. Was a pain lol

#14 ·
Well....... not what you would want to hear to be honest.
I was washing it over the weekend and a corner was lifting on the stripe. Could be poor prep on my part, I was wiping the car down with isopropyl alcohol but maybe I missed a surface, I don't know but when I saw it I knew it was only a matter of time before I had more issues and didn't want to have to remove it before winter.

If I had more vinyl left I might have just opted to redo that spot but I didn't and wasn't going to order more......so....... the car is back to stock now. After all that hard work too, errrrr.

She still wasn't sold on the configuration, so its back to the drawing board. If I come up with something that interests her I am going to just have the local vinyl guy do it, they do cars all the time. I am not going to spend my time again LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.