VW Beetle Forum banner

Mazzzja's 1.4 TSI 160pk Sport Beetle called Zorro

18K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Mazzzja 
#1 · (Edited)
As Al had pointed out to me yesterday, a thread needs to be opened for my new-to-me ride :)
Let me introduce to you: Zorro!
I picked him up Saturday September 19th 2015.

He has a 1.4TSI engine with 160 horse power and is from 2012.
It's a Sports edition, meaning it has a carbon dashboard :D
As I'm told, the rims are called "Twisters".
It has some nice options like: rain sensor, fog lights, sun roof, leather seats with heating, climatic control, self dimming rear view mirror, 6-speed manual transmission, key-less entry.

To see my former New Beetle Bugje, take a look at this thread:
http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-new-beetles/352-mazzzja-03-batikblue-2-0l-highline.html

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh, wow, Marcia!I had no idea!! :anon:

Congratulations!!! :party:

#7 ·
Awesome, Marcia :) Zorro looks so good, as well as the pics.
Guess your U.S. summer travels got you acclimated into the 12's. Love that Zorro is a 6-speed. I'm sure He launches nicely. Hope to see more pics soon. And farewell to our beloved Bugje. You brought us Marcia, and we're truly grateful.
:)

Farewell, Bugje. Hello, Zorro.
Congratulations, Marcia---Zorro is gorgeous!

#8 ·
Where didthe name Zorro come from? You probably know the television series and the movies of this Mexican handsome nobleman? He dresses in black and rides on a black horse.
As the car is all black & looking pretty tough, I was thinking of a fitting name. Out of nowhere I came up with the name Zorro :)

Pics of the engine? Once I have the time I'll snap a pic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Zorro is such a great name for a car. Hope Zorro provides you many years of wonderful adventures.

#15 ·
Thanks for the engine pics; the USA spec Volkswagens, for some reason, never have the smallest engines VW offers to the world. I know; the high cost of gasoline, is always a issue in Europe, maybe they figure the smaller engines wouldn't sell in the USA market? There are so many Volkswagen models/options; they don't sell here, it is annoying! The Scirocco; in particular, is a neat car that I wish was sold, here in the USA!

#16 ·
The Sirocco is indeed a very cool car! I don't see one that often though. And I didn't know it was not sold in the US? Strange.

Too bad indeed that the smaller engines aren't sold in the US either. Eventhough the gasoline prices are muchmuch lower, it doesn't mean that only cars with BIG engines (using loads of gasoline) should be sold.

#18 ·
Pictures are looking good Marcia. Love the skeleton!

#20 ·
Turbo or not turbo??

You have three gauges oh top of the dash, left is oil temp, center is clock, stop watch, one on the right is the turbo boost gauge. That engine is very common in Europe, now VW is using in some models that come to the USA.

#26 ·
Some pictures I found on my laptop and it was about time to update this thread as well.
Pictures from the Love Bug Parade in Brussels on Valentines' day.
Pictures taken during a photoshoot of a ballerina and her Beetle, and she needed my Beetle as well. So I took the opportunity to take one photo during the shoot and some after the shoot had finished.
Enjoy!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.