VW Beetle Forum banner

11/28/2015 When the car chooses you.

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  squeebug 
#1 ·
Story goes like this. I have been driving an 03 New beetle love it but wanted something bigger like a pick or a small suv. Searching for months a few good deals came up but those cars were sold quickly.

I randomly was searching at "Cargurus" on my free time. I came across a fully loaded 2012 Red Beetle 6 Manual priced right which had been sitting at a Mercedes dealer for months. I expected it to be at least 40,000 miles with wear n tear, although the AD says 20,000 miles. I was curious I had to check it out.

After having a long day Friday (11/27/15) I went to the Mercedes dealer that evening to check it out but they were closed. Walking around I didn't see it, figuring it had been sold for months and the website didn't update. Eventually my brother saw it and said its inside, I looked and it looked mint. I told myself I come back tomorrow to look at it. My brother said it looks good.

After taking a long exam on 11/28/2015. I went to check it out. I eventually took it out for a test drive I was impressed. I still loved my 03 New Beetle 5 speed. I wanted a bigger car but something sold me to want the car. I felt like it the car choose me. Like Herbie the bug it had picked it's driver.

The Beetle had been a trade in, clean car-fax, perfect package to which is the R-Line with red/black leather seats. I had to make a move. I bargain with the sales person and they were eager to sell. A few hours later I took it home. A proud owner of two bugs at home.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Love it!! :party:

I had one call out to me, just today. And five times before this one........ :lol:

#5 ·
Congrats on the new ride. But, now you have to go for the trifecta.

You have the "Cute" Beetle - The '03
You have the "Cool" Beetle - The '12
You need a any Bug from pre-1978 to finish the collection. Just saying you mentioned him :jumpy:

#12 ·
Crazy!!!!! :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.