VW Beetle Forum banner

Silver Beetle ragtop 1.8T S

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  D2Beetle 
#1 · (Edited)
I've wanted a convertible for years, and have always liked Beetles, so when it was time for a new car, a VW ragtop was my only choice. It's a 2016 1.8T S, with black interior and top. I've had it for about 6 weeks, and have loved every mile I've put on it. (If you're looking at the calendar, yes, I did buy a convertible in February. In western New York. Is that unusual?:)) I knew it would be fun to drive, but I was surprised with how peppy it is! Passing is a lot easier than in my previous car (a reliable but boring Hyundai).

I'm lucky it's been a mild winter, so I've been able to drop the top frequently so far. I've discovered that my minimum temperature for open air motoring is around 36 if it's sunny, 45 if it's not. Turn the heated seats on and the blower up halfway, and it's like driving in a little bubble of warmth! I've gotten some strange looks from other drivers when the the top is down, but I'm attributing that to jealousy.

This is the second VW in the family - my wife has a 2012 Tiguan, which she loves. We're now a VW only household, and I've got a feeling that it will stay that way. As I mentioned before, I live in western New York, and now my only wheels are a convertible and a motorcycle. I hope I don't regret this some winter in the future...

Anyway, check out my new ride, and let me know what you think, and if you have any tips for a new ragtop owner. I love it!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful! Congrats!!!! :party:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.