VW Beetle Forum banner

Black turbo launch edition

30K views 76 replies 26 participants last post by  scarabY2k 
#1 ·
Built in August 2011, arrived at dealer September 21, 2011, took home September 24, 2011

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lots of lookers and questions where ever I go. On second tank of gas, first tank 25 MPG, second 23 MPG. Will again have KNEWBUG plates when DMV registration arrives in mail, like previous two New Beetles, 1999 GLS and 2003 NBC.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
awesome, Awesome, AWESOME! :party:

#5 ·
Test drove a white version of your car. Really liked the driving aspect, much tighter overall than the NB1.

Holding out on the full-line Turbo's (i.e. gauge cluster, moon roof, leather, etc..).

Also, want the 6-speed manual verse the DSG set-up.

I have my local VW dealer keeping an eye on new inventory in the region for this set-up. We'll have to see what they build though.

Very cool, I do like this edition very much!!

#6 ·
Gauges

Have been told by a couple of dealers the gauge pod has been deleted for now, no cars will be built with them??? Also VW customer care tells me all early production cars without guages will not be retrofitted. Good luck....

#9 ·
Have been told by a couple of dealers the gauge pod has been deleted for now, no cars will be built with them??? Also VW customer care tells me all early production cars without guages will not be retrofitted. Good luck....
Really???? Man that is disappointing! Thought that VW had nailed it with the gauge pod option on the Turbo models.

Probably the same bean counter who killed the 'rocco coming state side. Oye!

Thanks for the heads-up though, I do appreciate it.

Just another thing that makes you go hummmmmmm.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#10 ·
Loving your '12 Beetle! I'm waiting to see what happens with the Beetle TDI before I make a decision. If it doesn't come in a diesel I will have to say good bye to the Beetle family as my driving needs facilitate the need for really high furl economy. :D:D:D

I still love my car though so not sure if I will ever part with it.

#11 ·
I'm interested in the new TDI Bug as well. However, VW has not resolved some problems which could cost lots of $$$ to repair. Two major issues with current TDI generation: High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). You can read about them on TdiClub or google "VW tdi HPFP". These 2 issues alone will negate any savings one usually gets by driving a diesel car. In fact, they can cost more to own if these components see regular failure. Looks like the HPFP problem goes back to 2009 but VW isn't budging since it's not a safety concern.

#14 ·
Stop making him post more great pica of his car. I'm inching closer and closer to divorce court every time he does.

I'm a bad boy when it comes to driving home something different than I left the house with. Like the G I brought home in June :lol: :)

#13 ·
More pics.....

Photos from the L.A. Fire Dept Charity Car Show last Sunday 10-16-2011. Lots of lookers and questions, every where I go.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)

Attachments

#19 ·
Mike, you got your license plate back, looks good. So glad you were able to make Toy Jam 10 after all. It was awesome seeing the 2012 Beetles in with the carabug and I was lucky enough to ride behind you, yippie for me! Great shots, thanks for sharing.

Let The Good Times Roll,
Rachel
VW BEATL

#24 ·
LED DRL`s Only come with the Xenon headlights..
But I assume that's an option in the States?
I wonder what the differences will be between the us and european bugs regarding options...

#26 ·
Look what I just drove by in center city Philadelphia.

Pretty cool!

Attachments

#27 ·
Floor mats

Got some Coco Floor Mats and finally received new registration from DMV to put my "KNEWBUG" plates on. Also got in mail from VW a survey about the quality of the new 2012 Beetle, survey is done online, when completed they send you a $20.00 gift certificate for DriverGear, which i got today in an e-mail they sent me.

:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

KNEWBUG

Attachments

#28 ·
I love your B! :lol:

#29 ·
The new Coco Mats Rock!!!! Glad you were able to get your plates back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.