VW Beetle Forum banner

Warren's Tornado Red 2012 Beetle---Chili Beanie

7K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  IggysMom 
#1 ·
well, triple dubness has struck me again. :cool:

A few of you know I've been looking for 1. a new daily driver, and 2. a Turbo S for a while...latest foray two Sundays ago test driving a Platinum Gray S in Richmond was spectacularly unsuccessful.

Decided to finally test drive a B12 for grins and giggles.

Drove to Checkered Flag in Virginia Beach last Monday evening, and picked up Chili Beanie on Tuesday. :banana:

Judy and I joined Ollie and Tabitha in Williamsburg, the NE Bugavan in Richmond, and off we set to Tail of the Dragon. A very nice way to get to know my new buddy. :D

Anywho, here are a few pics from week one.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I was wondering about that! Awesome! :bowdown:

#10 ·
Someday, someday..... :eek:

#12 ·
I've been day dreaming about buying a 2012 for ages now and gotta tell you that I'm hugely disappointed that the configuration I desire doesn't come with the heritage wheels. Those look awesome on your car, though I must confess I'd be awfully tempted to powder coat them white and run them without the trim rings.

Oh and holy hell am I jealous. Chillie Beanie is stunning!!! :)

#16 ·
thanks all...Chris, yeah it is kind of funny to have a prop rod for the hood. :)

had my first heart-stopping moment with Chili Beanie on the way to work this morning.

Driving thru a raging downpour on the freeway...suddenly, i see PAINT CAN rolling towards me. :eek: :scared: :eek:hnoes: :eek5: :rant2:

I was in between two other cars, and had nowhere to go. :(

I hammered it. Luckily, no apparent damage. :)

#17 ·
I was not so lucky recently..... :eek:

Attachments

#19 ·
That gas station is the cats meow! :lol:

Ollie, it's pretty much worn off from the tires, and just covered with road grime in the fenders. The FULL :mad: gallon can tore the bra, and loosened the bumper cover. I guess it could have been much worse. :eek: Glad that Warren dodged his bullet.

#24 ·
So beautiful. :)

#26 ·
Chili Beanie is looking great in spite of his near death with paint experience :eek:hnoes:.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new plate, but why is such a wonderful plate surrounded by a Packers plate holder??? (JK, JK, I don't even follow football at all so it's all good :D). Those wheels are awesome too. There is a set on CL here in Tampa for like super cheap. Sure wish I could make them fit Iggy, cuz I would deffo buy them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.