VW Beetle Forum banner

2.5L sunroof, sound, navigation

16K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
It is a happy / sad day. It is time to say goodbye to my 1999 new beetle (Burt). But""....... It is also time to say hello. To my new 2012 beetle. Stopped by the dealership Saturday to see what they had on the lot. A pretty moon rock was fun to take for a test drive and the silver gold paint against a black interior is sweet.
Salesmen asked the standard "what will it take to drive this one home today". My dream car would have the five speed manual transmission, my wife loves a sunroof, and I have been planning on adding a fender like system to Burt. I also threw out that my wife's Prius push start system was pretty slick. And by the way brown or gun metal gray would have to be the color; since you don't have one I will be on my way. He paused and said can you wait two minutes. I expected him to come back with the standard we can't find one close but we can order one for you....... I did not expect him to return with keys to my new car. Not 12 hours earlier they took delivery of a gunmetal grey car of my dreams. My wife and I started laughing and 30 minutes later I bought the bug. They processed the car today and we pick it up Tuesday afternoon. Will have to drive and get to know my new best friend before the name comes to me and I will post pics ASAP :D

#2 ·
Congratulations!!! :party: Obviously it was meant to be. Now did you trade in your other Beetle or are you planning to keep him or sell him?

I was at my local VW dealership this weekend and spotted from a distance a brown 2012. I didn't realize they came in that color, to be honest.

Can't wait to see pics!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
Sell keep or give away

Pretty sure we will either sell Burt or give him to our middle son. The trade in value was very little. Too be honest Burt is probably past his prime sticky sun roof broken AC and tears in the leather seats but is in great running condition and pretty good exterior condition. Our middle son is without a car but is notorious for being hard on cars. :mad: I cringe thinking Burt might get abused but being without a car for a year can be humbling, so we will see.

Either way it will be a couple weeks before we decide. Thanks for responding..... Is it 5 pm yet so I can pick up the brand new bug yet?

#4 ·
That's great! Another NB friend, upgrading to a B12! I know, you said you'd post pics, but this is a FRIENDLY reminder! :lol:

#5 ·
First Thoughts

Well I brought my new baby home the ride home was fun. The B12 is so much quieter inside then Burt. Stopped for dinner on the way home and got my first fist bump from the guy at the counter and had two stop and snap photos while we ate. Overall it was a total blast to drive such a fun and striking car.

Below are pictures! Will post more as I spend more time with my new BFF:p

Attachments

#7 ·

I feel like I am driving one of those cool spy cars :cool: so I am leaning towards Conner. A veiled shout out to Sean Connery.... But with only 50 miles on the car I still am listening for any whispers

#9 ·
The wheels have grown on me. I thought I wanted the stock "Baby Moon" wheels from the base model but I have to admit these are pretty darn cool:rolleyes:

#11 ·
Interior modification

So after a couple of months of driving "Conner" I am still in love but I can't get over how good the dash on the moon rock silver bug I test drove looked. The draw back of the dark gray is that it does not have the same pop that other colors have against the black dash. So I have been thinking about getting a buddy at a local body shop to order one of the other color dash insert and glove box....... Or having a custom color paint added.

The real questions is what color of the stock nb12 colors would work best.

I love the 70's deep metallic purple paint, my son thinks that is the way to go.

Any one else want to offer an opinion or idea???????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.