VW Beetle Forum banner

My new 2012 Beetle.

24K views 54 replies 21 participants last post by  Kuplamies 
#1 ·
Well I finally picked up my new Beetle that arrived to Sweden.

In deep black! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful! :bowdown:

Congratulations, and Welcome to the Org! :party:

#5 ·
Well thanks :)

The only things that bothers me is the weak protection against rust and corrosion. None at all :( only some paint and wax beneath the car plate. So I had my Beetle to an rust clinicians for att complete treatment. Nordic climate is very hard against vehicles doh!

After that I may enjoy many more happy kilometers with hopefully :)

#6 ·
Welcome - great looking NB. Black looks so good.

Smart to get the rust protection done as soon as possible. Many happy kilometers, indeed.

Do you have any plans for it as far as appearance and/or performance modifications? Or do just plan on enjoying it as is?

#7 ·
Well I have a couple of plans actually. "Small yes" but necessary. To begin with I plan to upgrade the audio system. Some minor styling like get darker glas on the back lights and also a couple of eyelids on the head lights :) Nothing to complicated. :) Then will see if it gonna be some more ;)

#13 ·
Looks like they put chrome? or Stainless? mouldings on the lower edge of the windows for non-usa models??
Its chrome. :)

I also put in some more pictures after the rust treatment were done :)

Attachments

#16 ·
Shown the result today. It was not to hard to figure out how to make the switch and also make all buttons from the steer wheel to work with the new head unit.

The Rcd 310 is no more and the new head unit Pioneer Deh4200 SD is on the roll. :) The sound improvement was about three times better :D

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Finally, my Beetles sounds system is complete. 5 days later I have done an improvement to the 2012s Beetle. The sounds is now way better than the Original and problaby Fender aswell.

The final last piece was to put back the frame around the Stereo. :)

Base Beetle with Gladen Audio anyone? :) :) :)

Attachments

#28 ·
It is dream sound for an Beetle. :) You could play anything from Heavy metal to dub step by Scrillex with crystal clear sound without problems and you can turn up the volume even further when your ears are bleeding and problaby speakers are looking for more volume! :)

An nice addition is the neck twisting effect from all people around you. Bring attention really. :)

#30 ·
Well different taste I guess :( Well on the other hand I do not prefer the New Beetle at all. With it's back window being over sized. Extremly dull tail lights. And looking like a gigant mushroom. :p I'm very tall about 190 cm and have noo problem at all with the head room or leg room. It like 20 cm left or more.

One of the main reason I ever considerd to put down lots of money on The Beetle 2012 was the biggest change in my opinion. A car that's not really that cute or have extremly fashion for looking like it belongs to a female.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.