VW Beetle Forum banner

2012 Platinum Grey Metallic Turbo with Black Gloss Stripes

20K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Karmannut 
#1 ·
Just had the stripes added yesterday. Glad I went with the gloss black instead of flat. It matches the other black parts perfectly. What do you think?

See less See more
#6 ·
Beautiful! :bowdown:

#9 ·
I would like to thank all of you for your very favorable comments. The response to the color combination has been more than I expected. Every ware I go people tell me how much they like the car.

#12 ·
The stripes were ordered from and installed at the dealer by an individual who does all of their detail work. He did an excellent job. Have since ordered a gloss black Turbo for both sides of the car. Will post pictures as soon as it is finished. That's if for the appearance. Thinking of buying an ECU flash kit from APR. Stage 1 which is just the re-flashing will increase horsepower from 200 stock to 254 flashed and cost $599.00 installed. Its a four program flashing. Stock, 91 Octane, 93 Octane and Valet. The settings are controlled through the cruse control. For the record, APR is located in Opelika, Alabama and they do have participating dealers around the country.

#14 ·
Thanks for your comments. The stripes were ordered directly though Volkswagen as part of their second skin offering. They come in flat or gloss black or white. You can see them at Volkswagen.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.