VW Beetle Forum banner

umaxblaze's 2012 Turbo - Ermahgerd, Bertle

19K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  umaxblaze 
#1 ·
I meant to say Reintroduction "Time". Oops.

I guess that I am not exactly "new" to this forum, as I joined over a year ago, but I bought a new car last night and would like to become more involved here.

So anyway, my name is Bryce. Hi! :)

I live in Lakeville, MN

On to my vehicles. I bought my first Beetle in August of 2007. It was a Riviera Blue Pearl 2002 New Beetle GLS 2.0L 8 Valve, with a 5 speed manual transmission. I loved that car and drove it until September of 2010.

At this point I decided to trade it in.

And this is the car that I bought. A Reflex Silver Metallic 2003 New Beetle Turbo S 1.8T, with a 6 speed manual transmission.

I loved this car, but it was nothing but a nightmare for me since the that day I bought it. It had finally fallen into such a horrid state of disrepair that I had no choice but to rid myself of it.

But what did I want for my next vehicle? I knew that I wanted to buy something brand new, that was sensible, had a large amount of cargo space, had at least four doors, was rather slow to keep myself out of trouble, and had an automatic transmission. It looked as though the perfect option for me was a Ford Focus.

So I bought this:

2012 Beetle Turbo
2.0L Turbocharged Inline 4 Cylinder
6 Speed Manual Transmission

What can I say? I never learn. :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! Beautiful B12!!! :party: Welcome back with a vengence! :lol:

#3 ·
I love how logic prevailed. You set a requirement: four doors, slow, lots of room,etc. And then you bought a bug.

I set some high standards for my 16 year old for her first car:
Reliable, troublefree, good gas mileage, safe, reliable (like the two Hondas we own), and then I bought her a bug, totaled it, she totaled the replacement, and I bought her a 3rd, a 2003 1.8T NBC.

Logic? Practicality? All superseded by the insane desire to do vehicle maintenance on the weekends. Oh, and the smile on her face as she drives off to school each morning with top down on the bug is simply priceless.:):):p

#6 ·
This thread looks so good, tht I moved it to the Photo forum, to make it your B12s personal album. Tell me what you would like to call this thread, and I will rename it.

Love that you got the LEDs around the headlights. My next one will have those also......:bowdown:

#16 ·
Haha, yup, but my goal is to eventually get the best black beetle I can, with the spoiler and heritage wheels. If I can't get it, then I won't get it, simple as that, but I've got another 7-8 months before that's even in the cards for me. In the meantime I will look at everyone else's pics! :D

JC

#20 ·
Thank you all so much for the compliments!!!! I love my new car so very much! I have had it for a week now and have put over 700 miles on it. It is an absolute joy to drive.

If anybody is in the market for a new one, NOW is the time to buy. Even with the bi-xenon HID headlights and the 19" wheel package, I still paid less than base price. Add 0% financing on top of that, and it was a done deal.

Also, if anybody lives in the Minnesota area, I would highly recommend going to Luther Burnsville Volkswagen. I could not have chosen a better dealership to work with.

#28 ·
If anybody is in the market for a new one, NOW is the time to buy. Even with the bi-xenon HID headlights and the 19" wheel package, I still paid less than base price. Add 0% financing on top of that, and it was a done deal.
UGH don't tell me this! lol!:D

#24 ·
Thank you all for the compliments!

I have put almost 4,000 miles on the car so far, and I still get giddy every time I get in it. I am extremely happy that I took these pictures when it was brand new, because it has already accrued its fair share of rock chips/scuffs. I will be putting it into storage sometime within the next couple of weeks, which makes me sad, but I feel that it will be worth it to keep it away from the snow, sand, and road salt, which wreak havoc on cars here in Minnesota.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.