VW Beetle Forum banner

Introducing "??"

15K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
Obviously I haven't named him yet. 2012 Turbo 6 speed.

After about 7 years, over 200k miles, I decided it's time for an upgrade. Sluggo's been good to me, but it's time. I may actually keep Sluggo, haven't really decided yet.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking B12, glad you still have sluggo though. A number of long term NB owners who have picked-up a B12 this year have also kept their original NB's.

Just something about our round friends that makes it hard to let them go.

Hope your B12 gives you as much enjoyment and longevity as Sluggo.

Cheers!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
Nice! Congrats on the upgrade! I hope you keep Sluggo, 'tho..... :eek:

#6 ·
Thanks All, loving it so far. That new 2.0T is quite an engine. And tied to the 6 speed... :D

At least for now we've decided to keep the 2000. I rebuilt the engine around the 180k mile mark after a broken valve.

I've been going through it over summer refreshing everything. New clutch, just about everything suspension wise is new (bushings, shocks, struts/mounts, steering rack...), all new brakes. I have new motor mounts and spindles with new bearings to put in yet.

I'll just put some good snow tires on and keep the new Golf and Beetle out of the bad weather.

#7 ·
I wonder if "SLGABUG" or "PNCBUGY" are available for custom plates for the '12? :biglaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.