VW Beetle Forum banner

Introducing: Milk Stegall!

15K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
As some of you may know, my '02 beetle went to the great big junkyard in the sky. Someone decided stop signs didn't apply to them and that they wanted to occupy the same space as my car at the same time. Which didn't end up so well for me.

Or maybe it did because I got Milk Stegall, a fully loaded automatic 2012 Sportline Beetle, out of the deal!

He had 2200 km on him when I picked him up, so I got a great deal. He was driven by a VW Canada exec for a bit then sold to VW Canada auctions where my local VW dealer picked him up.

So the story behind the name: I'm a huge fan of my local football team, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. And one of their greatest players was Milt Stegall. Milt Stegall was such a good player, my city named a street after him. And that's where I was hit, the corner of Ellice and Milt Stegall Drive. My previous car's name was Blue, after the Blue Bombers, and she had a ton of Bomber gear on her, some of which is already on Milk Stegall, including the plates. I decided I wanted to incorporate something about the colour of my car in his name too, so Milk Stegall seemed fitting since he's Candy White.

And here he is! My apologies for the dirt, we're in the middle of a deep freeze right now, today is the first day it hasn't felt close to -40 since I picked Milk Stegall up. And even though it's warmed up, it is no where near warm enough to wash a car! He does have nicer rims, but in weather like we have here, winter tires are a must and I didn't want to spend a ton of money right now on nice rims for winter...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm so happy for you! Lemonade made from lemon! I hope to have me a B12+ someday. I just hope it's not the same way you did! :eek:

Enjoy! :party:

#3 ·
In all honesty, Blue was on her last legs anyways, she was getting very needy. Luckily my fiance is pretty handy and has been able to fix most things, but she was burning a teeny tiny bit of oil somewhere, and it was getting worse, so that was going to have to get fixed. And she needed a bunch of other repairs. Nothing urgent, but a total of about $3000 in work, which almost didn't seem worth it. We were probably going to be trading her in for a newer car in the next 1-1.5 years anyways, and I got way more from the insurance company than I would have otherwise, so it wasn't terrible. I could have done without the broken arm though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.