VW Beetle Forum banner

2013 Beetle Fender Edition

18K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
Just brought her home Friday and I love it. Going to have windows tinted next week. MOre than likley I am going lower it with springs. Maybe a spoiler, not too sure.. want to add foglights. Overall I love the look and the MPG. She is a 2.5L with a a 5 speed.

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful! Lovelovelove those wheels, too, so awesomely retro! :bigthumb:

Thanks for joining us! :wave2:

#6 ·
I will get pictures of the inside today as per the requests. The car is back at the dealer for a full detail. My Firends wife is the business manager and she hooked me up with a Glasscoat treatment. I really like the wheels, I agree they are modern but still retro. I will prob research lowering springs a little more and see what is best. I think i only want about a 1.5 inch drop. It is my daily driver and may last DD (06 HHR) was dropped 3 inches and made for a firm ride.

#8 ·
OK, here are a few cell phone pics.. she goes in tomorrow for the full detail. Today I smoke tinted the front corner markers, added chrome to the front grill, added square slashed stainless tips, and smoke tinted the rear reflectors. I put 1/4 inch tape and masked out 2 stripes on the reflectors.
Also is a picture of the dash.

#11 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcomes! This seems like a great place. I have been reading up. Anyway got the detail done today. She goes in for the tint tomorrow and I ordered the H&R sport springs. I will get them on asap as well as some projector fog lights I picked up. Should be all I need to do to make her mine.

#12 ·
Well I installed the H&R's and the tint is done. Sorry the pics are not that great but the weather here is wet and cold.. the car is filthy too. Also I did a little visual "mod." I added a 1/4 inch silver pinstripe with a chrome 1/4 inch plug at the end of a little squiggle.. is supposed to mimmic a guitar amp cable. It starts at the "Fender" emblem on the front fender..

Will get much better pics when it is better weather and clean!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.