VW Beetle Forum banner

My Mini Cooper S vs new turbo beetle

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger and traded my 2004 Mini Cooper S for a 2012 Turbo beetle. I had my eye on the VW since they came out. My Mini my was tricked out with lots of mods but the beetle had my attention! I looked at the VW in sept with a discounted price but I was not ready . Last week I made up my mind and made the deal. The VW has more room and a slightly smoother ride. The dashboard controls are much better. The Mini pulled stronger with the supercharger, but the VW is still stock, for now. I feel good with the VW and thats all that matters!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
So beautiful! MINI people are very much like us. We love our retro-style cars, and I have nothing but respect for them. :)

Please, add any and all new pics of your awesome Beetle, to this thread. Consider it your personal photo album! :party:

More pics, please! :D

#4 ·
I agree wholeheartedly on the pull of a supercharged mini having a lot quicker get up and go, they are a lot of fun to drive. I have to say though, my Iggy has won my heart. I love her as much as if not more than the 2 minis I have driven. Loving my car more than a mini. That is something I never thought possible. :)

#6 ·
Welcome, beautiful car. Great thing about the 2.0T engine in your car is a ECU re-flash from companies like APR, Revo, GIAC, Unitronic etc. will give you really good gains in torque and horsepower that will probably satisfy your desire for more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.