VW Beetle Forum banner

2012 G1 Bumblebee

16K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  02SilverSport 
#1 ·
Howdy, folks!

I've been lurking around here for a few months and finally got around to registering. So, I thought I'd start off by showing off my Christmas present! My old Pontiac was on it's last leg, and I really liked the looks of the 2012 Beetles, so I thought I'd take a look. Left the lot with a great deal on Bumblebee!

I'm a toy collector, in particular I collect Transformers, so when I saw this yellow bug on the lot I was immediately drawn to it. For those of us that grew up on the cartoons of the early '80's, Bumblebee is NOT a Camaro, he has been and always will be the little yellow VW. It only made sense that I slap an Autobot emblem on the back. I've actually been considering adding a giant rub sticker to the roof, as well! :D

Anyway, here are few pictures I've taken of 'Bee, as well as a video review I made. I just recently had the windows tinted, but don't have any pictures, yet. The dark windows look very sharp against the bright yellow.

PurdueAV2003 Review 60 - 2012 VW Beetle AKA Classics Bumblebee 2.0 - YouTube

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
That's one slick beetle. Really diggin it. Congrats.

Oo, I just noticed you're in SC...WOOT! You should join us for the fifth annual Tail of the Dragon-TOD cruise/weekend taking place in May... the first weekend as a matter of fact. the florida Caravan should be driving right through your area... it would be great if you could join in with us.

more information can be found out about TOD, by clicking the link located in my signature... it's in the bold print. hope to see you there.
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
Beautiful Beetle! So happy you joined us!

I hope you can join them at TOD. You're lucky to be so close.

Welcome to the Org!:)

#5 ·
Awesome Beetle, and I love the direction you're going in with it. I've made several subtle Decepticon touches on my 02 but if you're not looking you won't notice them. I grew up with the G1's too :) Optimus Prime says stay in school!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.