VW Beetle Forum banner

Bullwinkle - 2013 Toffee Brown TDI

16K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  HwDoYuSlpAtNite 
#1 ·
Introducing... Rocky. The tough turd. Herbie's little brother. :D lol

He's a 2013 TDI, pretty much got him right off the truck. He was still going through his original inspection after being dropped off, we are the only people to drive him other than the tech's taking it off the truck and putting him in the shop. :)

Completely unmodified... for now.......

See less See more
#2 ·
He's so beautiful, and I'm so envious! :lol:

Congratulations!!!! :party:

#3 ·
Thanks! I swore when they first come out I wouldn't get one... but it grew on me rather quickly. And as much as I love HJ... he's gotten pretty unreliable. :(

#4 ·
If you know me, you know I was not happy during the wait for the new design, and I reserved my opinion until I saw one in person. :anon:

I will have one someday, too! :D

#10 ·
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yay!!! I love that color!! So happy for you guys!

#12 ·
Thanks! We didn't actually have it in the works at TOD... Steve had said something about a black convertible TDI at another dealership... but we hadn't gotten serious about it. Rocky was kinda an impulse... but a good one. I love Herbie... but I need one that won't break down on me constantly. :(

Although... he may get a name change. Rocky just isn't sitting right with me after I introduced him. I think he's more of a BullWinkle. lol

#14 ·
Ok.. I was just kidding. His name is actually BullWinkle! I shoulda gone with my first gut instinct on naming him. Is there a way to change the title of this thread, or will I have to start a whole new one? Anyone know?

#17 ·
A couple pictures of BullWinkle from tonight after a storm rolled through...

And I'm TOTALLY excited about this picture!!

#19 ·
Thanks!
I've got a couple more to share. :)

#21 ·
They've been in Virginia since May... so they haven't been able to experience him yet. lol

#24 ·
I think they hold up well.. I really need to add more pictures!! LOL

#25 ·
Really love the color!

Can you post some pics of the interior? Haven't seen one in person with the tan interior

I bet you're loving the fuel mileage wi the TDI! I talked to a lady a few months ago that said she averages about 600+ miles on a tank full. I only average 300 miles in my '12 turbo and it doesn't matter how I drive.

#27 ·
I can usually get just over 500 miles out of a tank in Bullwinkle. :) And I will do what I can to get pictures this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.