VW Beetle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's see those wheels on your 2012 or newer Beetle

28K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  drag79stang 
#1 ·
This is our 2012 Tornado Red Beetle, Ruby.
My wife and I bought it "previously loved" and it came with 16's on it. I'm not of these wheels so I'm going to try and find some 17's; possibly something in a 5 spoke. Let's see what you guys have on yours.

See less See more
#11 ·
New 17s

We headed over to the eastern side of the state to Steve Hahn VW in Yakima, WA. They had 2 pallets of 17" take offs for $695 per set (wheels and tires).

They have less than 10 miles on them and for that price it was way too good to pass up. So, not the ultimate set of wheels for our Beetle, but too darn good of a deal to pass up.

On Hwy 12 (White Pass) overlooking Mt Rainier

At the Vintiques Car Show in Yakima, Wa at the SunDome.

Compared to the 16's we had, this was a nice upgrade.

#17 ·
Wow @archiebug, I love those wheels! I wanted to have mine with them but my Beetle was built to someone elses order...

...with these:

They are better than some other wheels, but definitely not my first choice for a Beetle. Or second. Or even third. Maybe fourth.
I'll have to find a way to get me a set of those retros. :)

#18 ·
RedLeader, those new 17" alloys look great! What a nice upgrade and quite the score for the price (and from the dealer, no less!). Awesome. I like the look of those 5-spoke wheels, not sure what model they were originally on - maybe a Jetta?

#21 ·
Chris, the wheels are actually silver/white Tornados (white in place of black), it's an option. The car isn't actually a Turbo model per say, it a Tdi Sport in the UK, but it does come as standard with the chrome strip under the windows and front and rear park assist. The twin exhaust is a diesel thing and I have added the chrome tips myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.