VW Beetle Forum banner

2013 Beetle Conv. Rear view camera ?

16K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Chris659 
#1 ·
Love our new 2013 Beetle Conv., after 9 + yrs. with New Beetle convertible, until rear window failed. :( Our other car, a Honda Accord Crosstour, has a rear view camera which we really like and want to add to our new Beetle. I understand there are wireless systems available at lower cost and easier installation. Any advice/input/recommendation from 2012-2013 Beetle parents is appreciated.

#2 ·
It all depends on what you expect from system and how long you want it to last. I would stay away from the wireless ones and go with a hard wired system.

Also depends on where you want the image to be viewed. Natural instinct is usually the rear view mirror or over your shoulder. So why not have the backup image show up in the mirror?

You could replace your mirror so it doesn't clutter up your dash. When it's not in reverse then the mirror looks normal.

On the camera, you could have it mounted above the license plate frame. I would recommend one with night vision. Mine doesn't have that so its practically useless at night

Depending on if you source the stuff locally or online and what brand you buy, your cost will vary but if you walked into my shop you would be investing about $700 installed. It usually takes about 2-3 hours from start to finish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.