VW Beetle Forum banner

Springs/Coilovers Guide

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  drag79stang 
#1 · (Edited)
Springs/Coilovers Guide 2012+

I did some searching and not much info on lowering the 2012+ beetles.

Can you guys and gals post a pic and the details of size of the tires and what kit you are using to lower the car. Ride of the car? rubbing etc...

I am thinking of trying the Eibach
PRO-KIT PERFORMANCE SPRINGS with the stock 235/40ZR19 maybe too low?
# 85112.140
Front: 1.2 in
Rear: 1.2 in

Does anyone have them? :D

Here is NEUSPEED says 3/4" front and rear 1" I believe the rims on that red bug are 18".

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've got a 2013 turbo beetle.
First thing I did was put on some H&R super sport lowering springs. Rode like f''k. Had to replace/upgrade the struts/shocks. Installed some Koni SRT struts and shocks.
Different (like way larger dia), front and rear sway bars. Rear sway bar reinforcement plate, plus bar holders from ECS. ECS racing front and rear sway bar end links.
Steel braided brake lines.
Car now handles like it's on friggin' rails. I thought my 2001 beetle handled great (had same mods done on it), but this 2013 (besides having 4 times the power as the 2001),
is just worlds apart.
The H&R springs dropped the car an easy 2" in front and over 1" in rear. You can see the stance in the various pics on my pages..
Good luck, have fun.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.