VW Beetle Forum banner

My new GSR

17K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  scarabY2k 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Headlamp

This my new GSR. The dealer had it for 2 days before I snatched it up. I traded my 2012 Turbo Launch Edition Beetle to get this. I have been waiting for the GSR to hit the States since I saw them in Das Auto magazine in the spring.
I wish it had the manual transmission but I will keep it anyway. I get all kinds of looks and questions everywhere I go. This version of the Beetle is the Bomb!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Oooooo! The one I ogled the other day, had the 6-speed manual. But, it was around $30K, and I could never afford that. :(

So, I'm a little, well maybe a lot, envious. :D

More pics!

#4 ·
my local dealership got one in about a month after I got my Beetle...I got a good look at it one day when getting my VW serviced...it looks very sporty but also very flashy, boy racer , fast and furious looking if that makes sense...if it didn't have all the racing stripes up and down and around and was available in a convertible I would have bought it...I prefer the clean look of my R-Line convertible over the flashy look of the GSR...

#6 ·
enjoy the new ride...I'm sure you will be having the same problem as me...drawing unwanted attention from the police with the flashy color...I laugh because every time I have gotten stopped I get that surprised look from the officer when they see how old I am when they walk up to the car...the only ticket I have gotten in the last 7 years has been for window tint and that was 7 years ago...every other officer has let me off with warnings because of my clean driving record...only benefit of getting older I guess...my last few rides have been a bit sporty having been a 2011 Optima SX, a 2004 SRT-4, and a 2003 Tiburon...:eek:

#7 · (Edited)
The police around here don't give Beetles a second look unless they are using radar to clock speeds. I have only received 1 ticket in my life for speeding and that was in the Trailblazer SS. I wasn't even going as fast as the traffic around me. They just saw the orange SS badges on the side and thought I was a good candidate.

#10 ·
What # is yours??

View attachment 121465

View attachment 121473
This my new GSR. The dealer had it for 2 days before I snatched it up. I traded my 2012 Turbo Launch Edition Beetle to get this. I have been waiting for the GSR to hit the States since I saw them in Das Auto magazine in the spring.
I wish it had the manual transmission but I will keep it anyway. I get all kinds of looks and questions everywhere I go. This version of the Beetle is the Bomb!!!
Mine is # 415

#11 ·
Hot looking Beetle!

Nice looking GSR. I'll bet that monster would be fun as can be blasting through the Dragon! A yellow rocket flying through all 318 curves on an 11 mile long mountain road. The largest Water Cooled Beetle/New Beetle get together in the country!

You should try and make the Bugs for Breakfast in Orlando next Saturday morning (5 April). There will be quite a few New Beetles and Beetles there. We have a great time and we would love to meet you and that snarling beast you have! Thanks for posting the pictures by the way.

Hope to meet you soon.

Chuckie in Jacksonville

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.