VW Beetle Forum banner

Breez 2014 Platinum Grey 2.5L Beetle "Cici"

7K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Breez 
#1 · (Edited)
Introducing Cici Dax
2014 Platinum Grey 2.5L

I traded in my 2001.5 GLS Techno Blue New Beetle "BB" for her. I am thrilled with the purchase so far! Hopefully I can get some better photos taken and up shortly.

Since BB was the last Beetle, I thought it would be funny for this one to be Cici. Her last name is Dax to honor my love for Star Trek and just like the Trill character in the show, I feel like Cici still has the soul of BB :)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
So excited for you, and also, a little envious.... :wink:

More pics, please! :D

#5 ·
I know, I am so thrilled - she is just an entry level and yet the bells and whistles are just delightful. I will try to get out soon and get some more photos, especially since I took those plastic covers off her wheels to give her a much more retro feel. (At least I think so) - I still miss BB a little, I keep hand pumping my turn signals (which I had been doing for the last two years in BB) in Cici. BB's turn signals worked, but you had to keep it going manually HAHAHA! Cici just works! It is soooo nice to just know the car is going to start and that you can just enjoy it!

I have had VWs for over sixteen years, and I have never just been so delighted as when I look at Cici! (and I LOVED my Jetta and my New Beetle)

I will try to be better about coming on the .org - especially because I realize how special you all are to me. :eek:

#22 ·
I just got a 2012 Turbo coupe (Reef Blue) and I know what you mean! She's so smooth and fast and wonderful! I love my Tardis (!999 NB), but she has a lot of quirks! (She's going to be my son's car for a little while.)

Enjoy! VW really ramped it up with these new New Beetles! This is the first time in my experience that a car maker's new model is better than the previous one! (I used to drive a Forester.)

#9 ·
I thought I had been a member of the facebook page since it was started:p if not, please send me the link to the correct one. I had been posting on others posts (I just haven't really ever posted there myself) :confused:

#12 ·
I hadn't thought of that! I just know that this beetle certainly still has BB's soul, so I thought adding Dax would be appropriate. Especially since I am a die hard Trekkie. :D

Hopefully I will have time in the upcoming weeks to take some decent photos of her.

#13 ·
Cici Dax is growing up so quickly!

I just LOVE this beetle. My goodness, what a delight to drive. I very much enjoy the blue tooth audio and also utilize an old iPod to have hooked up to her in my glove box, so I have access to all my music.

I have already noticed how nice the extra space in the trunk is compared to the New Beetle and have enjoyed it! What else? I am still squealing every morning when I start her. I have had her for about 30 days now. :) She was at 799 miles as of today.

Attachments

#14 ·
Woooo looks wonderful! Aren't the new ones just great?! The rate you're going you'll pass me in mileage before the end of the month. I've managed about 1700 miles in almost 8 months :eek:

#15 ·
Oh, I just LOVE her. I still can't believe how much I am enjoying driving her. I have reached up for the sunroof a couple of times, but I am in shock at how much I am enjoying this base model. The bells and whistles she still has and the payment is completely within my budget (I haven't had to make a car payment since the late 1990's, so I didn't want to make this a total money suck)

Anywho, I am thrilled. I hit 1000 miles this week and of course have the odometer photo I need to post. :rolleyes:

#19 ·
Ah I love those wheels! If I didn't get the turbo those are the only wheels I would have accepted I think. There just so cool looking :bigthumb: I just rolled over to 1800 miles last week. Only 3 more months till I've had him a year. Hopefully I have something closer to 2000 by the time I need to get the first oil change :p

#24 ·
They grow up so quickly

So at the end of February I celebrated a full year with Cici Dax, my Beetle. We have taken two road trips already (so much fun to drive!) and she hit 10,000 on my way into the dealership for her first oil change last week.

Very pleased.

Here are a few photos I took after her detail in February.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.