VW Beetle Forum banner

My 2015 Beetle Classic

32K views 101 replies 18 participants last post by  WhiteClassic 
#1 ·
Just picked it up last friday! I needed a second car and after seeing the limited edition classic trim was hitting the dealerships, I decided to check it out in person and go for a test drive. Decided on the pure white model since it came with matching heritage wheels and color matched seats. This is my first beetle and second VW. I wanted something different from my GTI and figured the beetle would be a good start for a new project. The second day of ownership I lowered it on koni sports and tein springs and ordered some portawall inserts for it haha. Plans are to keep it clean and simple but that's gonna be hard to do!

See less See more
#7 ·
Love it! You're the first one here that I've seen with the Classic!

Those seats are awesome, and your sticker shot floored me! :eek:

Thanks for joining the Round Crowd, and Welcome to the Org! :party:

#10 ·
Thank you! The interior is what sold me the most and the seats are probably my favorite feature :cool: I used true car and was able to get it for $19,507 before taxes, tags and registration!

Love the interior! First classic I've seen.

What else you planning on doing?
Thanks not too many of them out there, they only made 1400 in coupe form with some convertibles coming in a few months. I've got a whole list of things I want to do but will probably keep it simple for now though. White wall inserts will be next, just waiting for them to arrive. I might throw some clear bumper lenses on along with led interior, DRL and license plate lights. Coming from Bi-xenon headlights in my GTI makes the stock halogens a little hard to get used too so I might do something with those as well. Than eventually I want to wrap the headliner, pillars and door panel inserts in a matching terra cotta colored suede or leatherette along with a few other small touches. I'll be saving up for an airlift performance air ride kit as well for later down the road. Here's a few photo chops I did of where I want to go with it...

just got my 14 in Aug love it but now after seeing this kinda wish I waited!!! Very nice!!!:bigthumb: Congrats and welcome but be very careful VW's are very addictive!! Once bitten by the bug...:cool:
Thank you! Congrats on your new bug as well! I already suffer from the addiction unfortunately, and this is only going to make it worse :D

I also found a few pictures of my girlfriends grandfathers bug. Not sure what year it was but that's her grandfather and uncle in the pics.

He passed away about a year before we met so I thought it would be cool to build this as kind of a tribute to him. He named his bug "Vera" so we will continue the legacy and name ours Vera as well ;)

#12 ·
Haven't checked out your page in a lil bit so I was reading the photoshopped part and was then going to recommend you paint the center caps bc I saw it tonight on vortex and thought it looked so good I wanted to share the info to then scroll down more to find out that was you lol

#13 ·
Haha thanks man, I appreciate it! I've been on vortex for a while since I bought my gti but my username didn't really pertain to the beetle so I created a new more appropriate one for over here haha. Well in case you haven't seen the update over there...
I put them back on the car today, not sure how I feel about them yet but once I get the white walls installed it might look a little better

#21 · (Edited)
I picked up a bead breaker from harbor freight and installed two of my portawalls this evening after a local shop couldn't get them mounted for me. Was surprised how easy it actually was to install.

Started by washing the wheels to remove all dirt, brake dust and tire shine residue.

Than put together the bead breaker from harbor freight.

Removed the valve stem core to deflate the tire and popped the bead loose.

Wiped down the inner bead of the wheel and tire with degreaser to remove dirt and grease before scuffing up the inner bead of the wheel with 80 grit sandpaper.

Layed the portawall on the tire and seated it evenly around the bead of the wheel.

Inflated the tire while tapping on the portawall to keep it even until the bead popped into place. Let the air back out and tapped it a little more to even it out all the way around before reinstalling the valve stem core and inflating the tire to 40 psi.

So far the tire has held its pressure and after a test drive, they are still in place!

#22 ·
I also started to disassemble the airlift front struts to clean them up and rebuild the strut mounts. I ordered some 3/8" airline and a few odds and ends to go with it which came in the other day so hopefully I can start installing it soon! Just need to clean up and paint the rear brackets this week.

#35 ·
I think the black wheels look better without them too. I'm still on the fence with mine though. Thanks for the recommendation for rotm, I may give it a go after I get the air ride installed :thup:

Oh, I love it. I'm on my third beetle (2004). I had a 71 and 75 super beetle. I love the 'old' hubcaps on the 2014's and 2015's. I love this 'classic' version. never seen one before. enjoy your bug.:)
Thank you! I would love to own an older beetle, but without a garage to work on it, I had to settle for a new "classic" version. Im still going for the old school retro/cal look with a hint of rat rod though :D

#36 · (Edited)
Well today I was able to install the rear air ride. I had to deal with a little rain so I didn't get to install the front today but im half way there! Here's everything after I cleaned all the rust off, primed and painted them black.

I decided not to use the top bracket for the rear and instead cut the spring centering nub or nipple as some call it, off the frame rail using a 2" hole saw. This allows the rear to sit about 1-1/2" lower when aired out. In the brackets place, I installed a 3" long threaded rod into the top of the bag. The rod goes into a 3/8" hole I drilled where the nub was located to keep the bag centered on the frame rail. The top of the bag sits flush against the frame rail just like a spring would.

I than ran the airline through the lower control arm and up above the rear muffler heat shield. I used a section of 1/2" heater hose to cover the airline where it might make contact with the control arm/subframe to keep it form chafing the line. From there I ran the lines up into the spare wheel area through existing grommets in the floor where I connected the lines to a tee fitting with an inflation valve. This will allow me to inflate/deflate the bags until I get a management system installed.

The finished result:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.