VW Beetle Forum banner

D2Beetle's 2K Silver GLX Turbo NB (APH-EBQ)

13K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  D2Beetle 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it took awhile but I now have number four; thanks to BeetleGirl11.

This photo is after we got back from New Jersey that night.

This one however will require some work to get it running as the timing belt went bad; before I start the tear down I will clean it up and take the "Before" photos; I'm doing a DIY and here is the link for the Cylinder Head Rebuild Project

And the remaining NB family can be found here...

... my First - Valdez ... Traded in for a 2015 TSI Beetle March 2016
... my Second - Dear ... Traded in for a 2014 Fiat 500L in April 2015
... my Third - HiLiter ... Accident in March of 2015, not seriously damaged, but the Insurance Company totaled it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, here are the clean "Before" pictures...

Attachments

#5 ·
The car looks great! And a SILVER one too! So who's going to drive it when it can run?

#18 · (Edited)
Well here are this pics for the mold outbreak and I am still trying to figure out where the moisture came from, as I cannot find any prior evidence. The car has been in the garage since I traded Valdez in for Rook; which occurred this spring and there was no indications of moisture at that time. I was surprised that the mold had a phosphorescence look in the pics. To ensure that I nip this issue in the bud, I will be taking the seats out of the car and washing the entire interior with a vinegar/distilled water mix and then an alcohol/distilled water mix.

Also, I did find one mouse home in the trunk, but the home owners were not home; which might explain why the rat snake was in the garage.

Attachments

#23 ·
Not certain if it has made national news, but we are in an "Exceptional Drought" season and like California we have wildfires burning in south-east TN. Just this morning, the weather guy showed the weather radar and said, "... despite what the radar is showing, the rain is evaporating before it reaches the ground, that is how dry the air is around us."

The only thing that I can think of, is the months before I picked up Rook, Cowboy was parked in driveway at that time and it rained heavily for the first few months of this year. Perhaps, there is a sunroof leak, which pooled in the front floor board, where is stayed, and putting Cowboy in the garage was the beginning of the end, so to speak.

I did get the interior (excluding the dash) of the car taken apart this Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend; so now all I have to do is shampoo the carpet. I am clearing space in the garage and putting in a ceiling fan for air circulation, so I can put in a kerosene heater; I will need the carpet to dry thoroughly before I can put the interior back together.

#21 ·
That looks horrible! :(

#22 ·
That looks scary. On a side note, I parked 'the wife's' Durango next to a yellow 'dub' at West Town mall yesterday on a Christmas shopping run. Until I put a new t-stat in the beetle, I'd rather not take it on a road trip in the frigid air.

#27 ·
Well had a surprising Easter Dinner this past Sunday. My younger brother offered to pay for the remaining parts that are needed to get this project completed! :crazy:

I am guessing that he is looking for a graduation gift; my niece graduates next year.

So I let him know about the current pitfalls and after TOD we will see how it plays out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.