VW Beetle Forum banner

"Ziggy" Randi's 06 TDI

7K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  Charbaraba 
#1 · (Edited)
"Ziggy" Fallon's 06 TDI

Here he his, finally starring in his very own photo thread. As of now, Ziggy is all stock. I plan on adding a spoiler, euro plate, and 25% tint. That's all for now. Eventually I want to get a complete respray to get rid of the rock chips up front and on the fenders, paint my calipers and get Ziggs some new shoes. But that's quite a bit down the road.

I live in OKC and bought Ziggy in Scottsdale, AZ. My Dad lives in PHX, so I flew down there and he drove back with me. This was shortly after we crossed back over the OK/TX state line. Dad was driving and I was enjoying the ridiculously huge dash. :cool:

This is my pup, Truvy and Ziggy in the background. Ignore the fact that my lawn needs some serious mowing. :D

He's a happy shiny boy. :)

So... I love him so much that I sometimes stalk him from inside the house. HE HE. :rolleyes:

Ziggy's Purple Gerber Daisy in the bud vase. It suits him well. :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Just for a frame of reference... This is "Shaniqua", my 2007 Impala. She was destroyed in the hail storm. $11k worth of damage on a car worth $14k. I oculd have bought her back from the insurance company, but it was more economical to buy a new car, so I went for Ziggy. :) I'll miss her, but I'm glad I have Ziggy now.

Video of me kind of freaking out during the storm. Those hail stones were the size of baseballs. Freaking baseballs! :eek:
YouTube - Oklahoma City Hail Storm 5/16/10

One of the reasons the cost to repair was so high was because with so much glass broken, errr obliterated, it was embedded in the carpet and leather. Carpets would have had to be completely replaced.

This was the day following the storm, the heat caused the glass to start sagging.

From the inside.

So..... who wants to come visit Oklahoma during the month of May? ha ha. :rolleyes: Anywho, that's why I was in the market for a new car, and I'm so glad I got an NB, although, I do miss Shaniqua. She had a huge 3.9L V6 and a trunk that could fit bodies... plural. Not that I know from experience or anything. :p

#9 ·
Wow! I couldn't watch my car be destroyed like that. Knowing me, I would have laid down on Probie to protect him from the hail! lol

That is INSANE! Please tell me that a garage or a car port is in the future for Ziggy to protect him from hail next time!

#10 ·
Please tell me that a garage or a car port is in the future for Ziggy to protect him from hail next time!
Yes! After I recover from paying out the deductibles on three separate claims (2 on house, 1 on car) I'll start saving for a carport. I'm hoping to be able to build one by the end of next March, just in time for the April/May storm season. I was quoted about $2800. I have a friend who's a welder, so we're thinking he and and I can get materials ourselves, rent an auger to dig the holes, and do the welding inside of a weekend and keep the cost under $1000. I have plenty of time to save for all that, so it should be doable, and Ziggy shouldn't have to suffer the same fate as Shaniqua.

#11 ·
A GREAT Beetle Day. :D

So.... yesterday I got Ziggy's birth certificate in the mail, about 10 days after I ordered it! :) he he. It's sooooo cute. My roommate rolled her eyes at me when I said: "Guess what I got!" :) I love that they do this! Plus. Another happy moment came when a friend of mine asked me if I would like to have my calipers painted. Ummm, duh! So glad I'm going to get some help, as I'd be afraid to attempt it all by myself. :D I shall post updates.

#13 ·
So.... yesterday I got Ziggy's birth certificate in the mail, about 10 days after I ordered it! :) he he. It's sooooo cute. My roommate rolled her eyes at me when I said: "Guess what I got!" :) I love that they do this! Plus. Another happy moment came when a friend of mine asked me if I would like to have my calipers painted. Ummm, duh! So glad I'm going to get some help, as I'd be afraid to attempt it all by myself. :D I shall post updates.
A big WOOT on your friend hooking you up on the calipers:banana:

Don't cha just love it when your friends express beetle ugh? They just wish they were you is all:D.

#14 ·
Ziggy got two new VW oem TDI badges in the mail today! My very first "mod" ha ha. Found them on e-bay for $15/ea + free shipping. Win! I put them on the front panels in front of the door below the mirror on each side. I wanted to be a bit different. Let me know what you think. :)

#18 ·
I saw that she was also in OKC. SixChuter/john and I were planning on doing a gtg at Pop's sometime in the near future. That would be awesome to add a third. I keep seeing NBs everywhere and I keep thinking I need to start tagging them to get them on the org. I'd love to have more NB peeps here in OKC.

#20 ·
The one reason I do not miss living in Ok.. I was born and raised there. Oklahoma City for the most part but did move around some and stayed with my grandparents alot that lived in Edmond, OK.. I do miss it and have tons of great memories.. lol..

#22 ·
My story is the reverse ~ I was raised in Tulsa and my family moved to Ohio when I was a teen. Also culture shock! I never got used to the midwest and now live in the Phoenix area (I doubt my Connecticut husband would move to Oklahoma). :)

I do so miss that Okie friendliness!

#24 ·
I took Ziggy out for a nice drive tonight. Stopped to take a couple of pics. :)

Truvy loves to ride in the bug. She loves Ziggy as much as I do!

Truvy and I watched the sun set at the lake before heading home. This is another reason why I love Oklahoma!

#25 ·
Where did you get the TDI badges? I've been meaning to do that to Probie as well. Right below his side marker lights. Just keep forgetting to look for them. Ziggy looks great! If it wasn't for the crazy weather...I might consider moving there..but no thanks. lol I kinda like the heat here in Georgia....just not the traffic. I miss the country roads and scenery for sure!

#26 ·
Thanks for the compliments on Ziggs. The TDI Badges are VW oem! I got them from a dealership in Greenville, NC for $15/ea with free shipping! That was the cheapest I was finding. Here's the link to their ebay listing for them. :D

This seller was awesome. I screwed up my mailing address and I emailed them after figuring it out. One of their people called me within an hour and got it all sorted out. They only had one in stock and I ordered two. Their rep said that sometimes you have to wait a couple days before they get them in stock before they can ship them to you, but they're still the cheapest overall and the single best seller I've ever dealt with on e-Bay. :) In the end, the emailed me back to let me know they had three in stock and they'd be sending them the same day. I ordered them on Wednesday and they arrived Saturday. :) Thanks to my new TDI badges all the guys think Ziggy is a sexy beast. he he.

#30 ·
So after quite the winter, plans for Ziggy are under way. Today I finally ordered fabric for the headliner. I kept saying I was going to have it done before Roswell. No turning back now! I've spent money! he he. Anywho, here's a swatch. Can't wait to get started! Tell me what you think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.