127K views 585 replies 110 participants last post by  TigerBug 
#1 · (Edited)
2000 New Beetle GLS (slightly modified)

Powertrain
Snow box removed.
K&N drop-in filter(in storage for know)
Nuespeed P-Flow.
Samco TIP (black).
Techtonics Tuning 2.5" stainless steel downpipe.
2.25" Borla cat-back stainless steel exhaust
Borla muffler removed. Custom mufflerless exhaust with Caractere tip installed.
B&M short shifter(love it, a must have).
Turbo S fender liner.
Forge 007 diverter valve
Peloguin LSD(from the sirroccoguy).
ECS Tuning Stage I lightweight flywheel and G60 Clutch and pressure plate.
1990 G60 flywheel bolts.
Raxle (Bullittproof) axles.
Upsolute chip for a custom K04.
Mobil 1 5w30.
Red Line 75w90 tranny fluid.
VF Engineering Mounts.
NewSouth PowerGasket Plus.
In the works...Advance Design Custom Coilover Set-up, Tylosport SMIC, more interior work.

Suspension
KW Varient I coilovers.
H2Sport spindles.
R32 Steering Rack.
H&R 26mm front sway bar.
O-Bar rear torsion bar.
Painted calipers (semi-gloss black).
ECS Tuning Stainless Steel Vinyl Coated brake line kit.
PBR Ceramic Pads (front and rear).
ATE Super Blue brake fluid.
Mille Miglia Spider II 18x8+35mm/os running Kumho Ecsta XS 235/40/18.
R32 Aristos 18x7.5 (sold)

Body
Caractere front end(seam sealed painted and installed).
Shaved front emblem.
Removed and filled front license plate mount.
Color matched "01" mirrors from salvage(they were blue).
Stuby antenna.
Rear wing up at 45mph disabled(remove wire from connector).
R32 Badge with 32 removed.
Caractere rear wing (Caractere shaved).
Caractere rear bumper spoiler (Caractere shaved).
Pop-up spoiler painted.
Clear rear markers.

Interior
20% window tint.
Momo 14" race wheel.
R-Line monster mats.
Rearview mirror blacked out with trim paint.
Euro-Switch.
Bernt guage pod.
42 Draft designs Guage solution kit (VDO, boost, oil temp and water temp).
42 Draft Designs EGT Guage in front cup holder.
Alpine IDA-X100.

Now has over 220,000 miles on the odo. Never been into the bottom end.

Attachments

See less See more
#253 ·
I haven't been here yet because I was afraid to look... I see your avatar and I sweat because your car looks so beautiful... and I was right. I am now depressed because your car is the HOTTEST bug I've ever seen (I won't tell Bugzzi, of course!) Your rims are to die for and I love the body kit. Can you only have the one middle exhaust with that kit?

Much love to yelojkt (how cute is that?!) and from now on I'll try not to be scared to look!! :D:D Congrats on a great justice to VW!

#254 · (Edited)
yelojkt said:
hey R0nd3L good to hear from you. I am nuts about the B&M short shifter, I love the way it works, feels, and looks. When my son gets him his first car I will put a B&M shifter in it for him.
Lol, looks like you persuaded me to get one. I know they make them in black as well (saw a pic somewhere on vortex) and it looks sexy!

Edit: This is the one I want :D

Also, how hard was the install? Is it something that should be left to the shop?

#255 · (Edited)
That black shifter is cool. The install is not to bad, kinda depends on the amount of rust on bottom side of car. If you are good at getting your car up on stands it shouldn't take to long. If I remember right the hardest part of the install was removing the cover plate on the bottom without bending it up to bad.

#261 ·
Just when I thought your car couldn't look any cleaner, you break out the full Caractere kit. Nice job! I'm also glad to see that you're DRIVING the car. I myself am getting ready for a PCA DE weekend in the end of September. We'll see what my car can do among a sea of Porsches and whatever else shows up:cool:

#262 ·
NYBugman said:
Just when I thought your car couldn't look any cleaner, you break out the full Caractere kit. Nice job! I'm also glad to see that you're DRIVING the car. I myself am getting ready for a PCA DE weekend in the end of September. We'll see what my car can do among a sea of Porsches and whatever else shows up:cool:
Thanks for the kind words and get that DE on video!!!

#267 ·
In the morning I start taking apart Yelojkt to upgrade the clutch and put in the LSD. As it stands right now I only have about five good solid eight hour days to get him done, with the way work is going and us going out of town next weekend for four days. I will try to take pics as I go through the process. For right now here is a teaser.

Attachments

#271 · (Edited)
yelojkt said:
yep Tom it is pretty well hidden away deep inside Yelojkt but those two black marks of rubber will be pretty sexy also(if I can bring myself to doing a good long burn-out).:)
mmmmhmmmmm they sure are sexy.... hehehe I painted those all by myself. Ok Pomelo helped a little :wink:

#272 ·
Well guys it's not looking to good right now having an issue with the K03. Don't really have the funds for a K04 right now. I'll have to think of something. Tom thanks for the teaser pic I can't wait for yelojkt to lay down some of his own.:( :)

#275 ·
Luv the looks, not a whole lot different than the '06's with much nicer front symmetry (the '06's 'mouth' is too big IMO). I also like the exhaust sound coming from directly behind rather than from the left, which was very loud in the vert from the driver's side before.

One complaint:

The grill mesh is too small, catches lots of sticks and not enuf air gets in. Replacing with modified Turbo S grills. :eek:

#276 ·
The 02J has been split. the inside was a little dirty but not to bad for 110,000. No broken teeth on any of the gears and only a few gears showed little if any wear. There is a slight hold-up on pressing out the old races from the two case halves. I have to find a drift just the right size or get one made. And then it's assembly time.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.