127K views 585 replies 110 participants last post by  TigerBug 
#1 · (Edited)
2000 New Beetle GLS (slightly modified)

Powertrain
Snow box removed.
K&N drop-in filter(in storage for know)
Nuespeed P-Flow.
Samco TIP (black).
Techtonics Tuning 2.5" stainless steel downpipe.
2.25" Borla cat-back stainless steel exhaust
Borla muffler removed. Custom mufflerless exhaust with Caractere tip installed.
B&M short shifter(love it, a must have).
Turbo S fender liner.
Forge 007 diverter valve
Peloguin LSD(from the sirroccoguy).
ECS Tuning Stage I lightweight flywheel and G60 Clutch and pressure plate.
1990 G60 flywheel bolts.
Raxle (Bullittproof) axles.
Upsolute chip for a custom K04.
Mobil 1 5w30.
Red Line 75w90 tranny fluid.
VF Engineering Mounts.
NewSouth PowerGasket Plus.
In the works...Advance Design Custom Coilover Set-up, Tylosport SMIC, more interior work.

Suspension
KW Varient I coilovers.
H2Sport spindles.
R32 Steering Rack.
H&R 26mm front sway bar.
O-Bar rear torsion bar.
Painted calipers (semi-gloss black).
ECS Tuning Stainless Steel Vinyl Coated brake line kit.
PBR Ceramic Pads (front and rear).
ATE Super Blue brake fluid.
Mille Miglia Spider II 18x8+35mm/os running Kumho Ecsta XS 235/40/18.
R32 Aristos 18x7.5 (sold)

Body
Caractere front end(seam sealed painted and installed).
Shaved front emblem.
Removed and filled front license plate mount.
Color matched "01" mirrors from salvage(they were blue).
Stuby antenna.
Rear wing up at 45mph disabled(remove wire from connector).
R32 Badge with 32 removed.
Caractere rear wing (Caractere shaved).
Caractere rear bumper spoiler (Caractere shaved).
Pop-up spoiler painted.
Clear rear markers.

Interior
20% window tint.
Momo 14" race wheel.
R-Line monster mats.
Rearview mirror blacked out with trim paint.
Euro-Switch.
Bernt guage pod.
42 Draft designs Guage solution kit (VDO, boost, oil temp and water temp).
42 Draft Designs EGT Guage in front cup holder.
Alpine IDA-X100.

Now has over 220,000 miles on the odo. Never been into the bottom end.

Attachments

See less See more
#28 · (Edited)
I took Yelojkt racing today. I had so much fun. I ran the first heat as #7 and ran some awesome times(so I've been told; for a bug on street tires). I also ran a fun run in heat four. I got four runs and each run I took a different member of team foolie. It was so cool to watch them pull into a parking lot full of race cars, 15 VWs and a 912 all in a row. I will post pictures in motorsports later. This is a shot my son took while I was waiting in grid. Next race he will get to start riding with me, he can't wait. We are going to get matching helmets and jackets with Yelojkt racing printed on them.

Attachments

#30 ·
yelojkt said:
The warning labels in my car are printed not stickers.
Yeah, I know...there was a 'how-to remove' thread on the old Org, but I couldn't find it. Nice pics dood...

#32 ·
yelojkt said:
Hey Billsbug where's your photo thread? Get that good looking hot rod convertable on the new New Beetle.org. Pleeeeaaaaazzz:D
Sniff, sniff...They like me, they really, really like me!...sniff, sniff...:D

It's been at the dealer getting a whole new top and top motor assembly, supposed to get it back today. Just got a new Sony Mavica 5 mega-pixel camera, so watch for pics soon! :wave2:

#33 ·
Dude you crack me up. Whats up with the new top are you putting on a lightweight top to help your autocross times when you start running?:D No seriously, glad to see your dealership is taking care of you. See you in a couple.

#34 ·
Had to pull out my stereo to get the code off the side so I could get my stereo lock out code. If you happen to buy a used New Beetle or any kind of newer VW make sure to get the stereo lock out code before you buy! They will charge you money for this later. At my dealership I told them I would pull the stereo and have the numbers for them. No go I had to set an appointment and drop off my car. I went the fix it yourself route. I can't help it that is part of the reason I like my NB so much each time I get to work with him I understand him more. I will do a How-To Remove your Stereo soon. Below is the beginning of the Number you need along with your VIN #.

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
Mary's New beetle came in today. She loves it. 2006 2.5l GLS with packageII in Salsa red. She needs some help naming her. Enjoy.

Attachments

#37 · (Edited)
Photo said:
Double Dubness!! Congradulations!:party: My wife wants to get rid of our truck because it's such a gas hog. If we do I'm thinkin a TDI Beetle would be a good replacement. Is she going to mod it any??
Stuby antenna, 15%tint, Volkswagen Springs 1/2" drop. She wants to show it in Stock class at shows and does not want to compete with yelojkt in mod class.

#38 ·
Beautiful Beetle! I really love those rims! Awesome color too! I wish her lots of luck with it!! :clap:

#39 ·
Thanks for posting some pictures of my car until I could name her and get my site up and running. She is now known as rubie and I love her. I believe her and yelojkt will have lots of fun sharing a space in the garage and out on the road on trips.:) :) :) :)

#41 ·
We took Rubie and Yelojkt out to the lake today to get some photos but clouds low in the sky kept blocking the sun. Only got a few good ones.

Attachments

#44 ·
You'll probably be neck and neck in the straight, since you're both at 150hp (crank). I've beat the pants off new 2.5T Jetta's and 2.0T Audi A3's, but then again I do have a chip (get one, get one!)...:D

#45 ·
I think it will be an awesome race like you said "neck to neck". I would love to chip my car but I need to get my Caractere kit done first. I'm hoping to get yelojkt chipped at next years TNBRU. Where is that photo thread, must have photo thread.

#46 · (Edited)
Here is some more wallpaper. I would love to have a shot of my wheels going down the road but I will have to get Mary out of Rubie and into Yelojkt to do that. Maybe this weekend sometime. I took Rubie for a going nowhere drive tonight. VW is going to sell alot of these next generation New Beetles, the 2.5L pulls really hard and I have only hit it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, keeping the tach below four grand. I think even with the automatic Rubie will take Yelojkt at the dragstrip. One thing more they dont tell you about in the brochure is the inside rear view mirror has two small red led lights that shine down on the dash. Pretty cool. While at the dealership today, our salesman (he just started selling cars two weeks ago) said they had got a Reflex Yellow 2000 with Blk leather interior and an automatic in the previous evening he had already sold it. It was not even on the lot for 24 hours.

Attachments

#47 · (Edited)
#48 ·
Tomorrow is Octoberfast in Salina, KS. Supposed to be a great course. Afriend of mine with a "02" passat gave me a TT 710N diverter valve to replace my four and a half year old 710C. It is 10:30pm when I get home and I decide to exchange it tonight. So simple only about twenty minutes, but I did not put my cawling or wipers back on. We'll see how well yelojkt rips tomorrow.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.