Broken Glove Box - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Broken Glove Box

One of the clips on my glove box broke and apparently I need a new one. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know a good place to get a cheap glovebox?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 03:11 AM
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L

Car: white '99 2.0 GLS stick
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirby01
One of the clips on my glove box broke and apparently I need a new one. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know a good place to get a cheap glovebox?
Call your local German car salvage yard. Should be available and inexpensive...
"Reality is just that surreal time between my dreams" - me
Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Zabrinia

Car: 2000 Vapor Blue GLS Turbo
Default I have the same problem!

my glove box broke 2 months after buying my car. I talked to VW dealerships and they say it cost $319 dollars for a new one since you cant just buy the clip it really sucks... im waiting off on buying a new one because of the price but hopefully i can find a used one or i will just pay full price and buy a new one

i guess its not my priority cuz first i need a DV valve or whatever fixes my stunted acceleration lol
Old 07-21-2006, 10:13 PM

Definitely a common problem. I also looked around for quite some time thinking you had to buy a whole new glove box. Turns out you can actually buy just the glove door for cheaper. I think the cost was about $60-$80, but not sure since I didn't buy the part. Anyways, you'd still have to take out the glove box in order to install the door. It's a cheaper alternative. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM

Car: 2000

The handle broke off my glove box and I can't get it open.

Any tips on opening it without prying it open and breaking the latch?
Old 05-28-2011, 04:05 AM

Car: 2000 GLX 1.8T 5 speed

Mine is the same way. There are two levers inside the hole, you can use your fingers to push those down and the door will open.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Car: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by idriv442 View Post
Mine is the same way. There are two levers inside the hole, you can use your fingers to push those down and the door will open.
Worked like a charm, thanks!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Question More info please

I have the same problem. Broken glove box latch. I got another door from online salvage place for $50.00 plus $15.00 shipping.
Now, I need to know how to remove the glove box and install the thing. Can anyone provide me with a step by step. The guy I bought my beetle from broke the door to begin with trying to fix the latch he also broke. I don't want to repeat the problem or compound it by breaking something else.

Thank you in advance
Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: '05 Vert "Dark Flint Limited Edition"

I think I have a DIY, let me look! I saved it because I have to do mine, one of these days.

Here are the forum links I have:
Need A Little Help!
Glove box door removal ?

I believe glove box door R&R is contained within the DIY
Blend Door DIY

I'll have a look at my Bentley this evening and see what it has.

MORAV
'01 Corvette Convertible, Magnetic Red, Light Oak Top, Light Oak Leather Interior
'96 Suburban LT 2500, 454BB, Summit White, Neutral Leather Interior
'95 Camaro Z28 Convertible, Polo Green, Black Top, Tan Leather Interior

Last edited by MyOtherRidesAVette; 06-25-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.