Brake light bulb - how do I replace? - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Bug me again!

Car: 2012 Turbo, RED of course!
Red face Brake light bulb - how do I replace?

I needed to replace one of the brake light bulbs before my trip to Chicago. I popped the tail light out, now what? I've been searching the forums for over an hour. I think the how-to I saw many months ago was on the old forums. I can't search those now for some reason. Could someone point me in the right direction, please? This is the first time I'm doing it.
I see 2 connector wires on the back of the taillight. How do I remove the old brake light bulb?
Reward offered to the first person to lay information leading to the capture of said light bulb. Reward consists of a virtual hug, and my undying gratitude
Here's a look at Ladybug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Bug me again!

Car: 2012 Turbo, RED of course!
Red face I figured it out...

Never mind After a lot of head scratching and some choice words, it turned out to be easy as pie. I was afraid I might break something off, but since most things I know on the car either snap off or twist off I decided to give it a try. The hands-on portion took maybe 5 minutes, but the thinking part was 10 times that. Oh well, I'll know exactly what to do next time.
So there, I answered my own question

BTW, the best tool for getting the tail light assy out was a plastic knife and fork (sturdy plastic).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.