airbag light stays on - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2005, 12:06 PM

Car: 2002 1.8t
Default airbag light stays on

my airbag light has just come on and it has not turned off my car is a 2002. I am woundering what the warranty on the airbag is as i have just passed the 50k mark and if this has happend to anyone else? any insight would be great.I have a 2002 1.8t

thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2005, 12:56 PM
a.k.a. porkchopzz4

Car: '00 Silver GLS 2.0L auto

As far as I know, the airbag is only covered under the 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.

My airbag light was on for some time and when I finally got around to scanning it with my VAG-COM, it had a code about an instrument cluster malfunction. I erased the code and the light has not come back on since (it has been about 6 months since I erased the code). So perhaps it is just a one time glitch?

Others have had the connector under the seat come loose - I would check that first.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:19 PM

Car: Suzuki Savage

Our 2004 had the airbag light come on at about six months. They did the code erase thing and it soon returned, so they kept it a day and fixed it under warranty. Didn't care what they did as long as they fixed it, but I seem to recall something about a bad sensor.

Not having an explosive device aimed at my face is one of the reasons I prefer my bike.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:50 AM

Car: 2002 Snap Orange Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
my airbag light has just come on and it has not turned off my car is a 2002. I am woundering what the warranty on the airbag is as i have just passed the 50k mark and if this has happend to anyone else? any insight would be great.I have a 2002 1.8t

thanks for any help.
Hi, I recently purchased a 2002 Snap Orange (Auto) Beetle with 65K on the Odo. I have a similar problem (maybe) to yours. The Seat Belt/Airbag light recently just came on and stayed on. I took it to the local VW dealer and found that the Drivers side Seatbelt buckle is at fault. Apparantly there is a sensor in the buckle that's shot. VW says it will cost $230 to replace the Seatbelt buckle assembly. I was wondering if there was a way to disable the sensor in this assembly or is buying the new unit the only way to remedy this problem???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.