Defroster vent???? - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 09:24 PM

Car: 1998 old New Beetle
Default Defroster vent????

So I have this 98 beetle with a front defroster problem. When you turn the dile to defrost no air comes out of the vent. I pulled the center council apart thinking that one of the control cables came off the lever(that would be to easy). Well
according to Murphys law everything on the control assembly is working fine. Any suggestions on what I should check next?
Thanks,
Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 PM

Car: 1998 old New Beetle

I should add that I only have this weekend to fix the problem,
after that my wife will make me take it into the shop,and feel like I failed.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Mouse nest

On my 98, there was no warmness being delivered to the passenger footwell. Management always complained of cold feet.

When I changed the cabin air filter (pollen filter) I found a large blob of mouse-chewed insulation in the entrance to one of the pipes. The mouse was no where to be found, but his/her house was there. I removed it, and now there is much much much better flow of heated air to the passenger footwell outlet.

However, now management has her own 03 Jetta wagon, and I sometimes get to ride in it and submit requests for hvac control adjustments.

Somewhere on this forum I had posted the instructions for changing the cabin air filter. You might try that, and see if there's some obstruction built up in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.