Sunroof opens by itself... - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: Red 2003 Turbo S
Default Sunroof opens by itself...

Hello all,

I searched around and found more leaky and sticking sunroofs than anything else. My has a mind of its own. It is very intermittent and has happened about three time in the last 2 weeks or so. I am driving around (nothing special) and I can hear it pop up and then back down. Today it actually popped up and stayed up until I cycled the switch for it open and then it closed fine. With my luck it will open when it starts to rain! Anybody ever have the same problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Car: 2000 GLX Tekno-Blue/Grey 1.8t 5-spd

Never heard of the problem experienced by anyone else.

I'm inclined to focus on the switch first. maybe it's shorting out or something.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A

Car: 2004 GLS Convertible

My bug has had a similar problem, but only with the windows. They have, in the past, rolled down on their own. I have since traded for my beloved Opie a 2006 package one, 5 cylindersweeet ride . The one I had the problem with was a 2003 GLS. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Where is home ....

Car: 2003.5 GLS BLCC (Zoomer)

I have the same problem! YEAH! I thought I was the only one!

Sometimes mine will open, then when I try and close it ... it starts closing then stops about 2 inches then opens again ... until I restart the car (a few times).
Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Member Sponsor

Car: Red 2003 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalputty
I have the same problem! YEAH! I thought I was the only one!

Sometimes mine will open, then when I try and close it ... it starts closing then stops about 2 inches then opens again ... until I restart the car (a few times).
Well at least I am not the only one! I think I am going to see about changing the switch out and go from there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.