Replace Passenger Seat Airbag Wiring Harness. Any DIY instructions ? - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 05:06 PM

Default Replace Passenger Seat Airbag Wiring Harness. Any DIY instructions ?

I have a 2002 1.8 Turbo Beetle. My airbag light came on. I'm guessing the high speed runs caused it Just kidding. Anyway, I took it to the dealership and they ran diagnostics on the system. ($110) The result was an issue with the Passenger Seat Airbag Wiring Harness.

Repair Cost over $800. Ugh.

I'm on a very limited budget. Does anybody have any good DIY tutorials for repairing this item? Also the required tools/parts for this fixer?

I saw some earlier post with some similar issues but no DIY instructions.

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,
WindRider
Austin, Texas

Last edited by WindRider; 08-25-2008 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Member Sponsor

Car: 1999 Techno Blue 2.0

Dyou know more exactly whats wrong? If it's a cut off wire, it's probably easy to fix. A damaged connector could be more difficult and an undefined and unfindable fault could be more or less impossible to fix without replacing the complete wiring harness.

A second thought: If you think it is caused by the high speed runs, it could be as easy as a loose connector. I'm on vacation so I don't have access to my Bentley reapir manual, but I'm sure someone else could tell you where the connectors are located.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Default How do you remove leather cover from the passenger seat frame?

Hey Guys,
I thought I would post an update on my DIY project....How to replace a passenger seat airbag wiring harness and save $700. In hopes of trying to save some money because of a very tight budget, I thought I would try to tackle this job myself.

UPDATE:
-Passenger seat removed from vehicle.
-Detached plastic lower seat panels.

So..I'm at the mid point. Does anybody know how to remove the seat coverings (leather) from the upper seat frame? Once I get the cover off I can get to the airbag case. I checked my VW repair manual and there doesn't appear to be any instructions for removing such items.

Has anybody completed some mods on seats?
Any good links for removing seat covers?

Thanks
-WindRider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.