"Check Engine" light P0422 code - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:33 AM

Car: 1999 GL
Default "Check Engine" light P0422 code

ok, NB owner, 3 weeks new! Check Engine light, code P0422, cat converter. Thanks to this website I read about the extended warranty for the cat. But it's only on AEG 2.0 engines. How do I find out if I have AEG engine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Moddin' Lion

Car: '95 E320, '04 986

On the timing belt cover (right side of car), look at the sticker with bar code. It will list the engine code.

Also, check the door jamb and spare tire well for a build sticker. This will also list the engine code

But without even checking, I'm fairly sure your '99 2.0L is an AEG.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 AM

Car: 1999 GL

YEP! U R right, the engine is AEG, and I took it to the dealer and the got me into a new catalytic converter NO CHARGE!!!!!!! Yippee, thanks U guys!

they even washed it!

now, I got the AIRBAG light on..... I can see this car is a work in progress. but STILL LUV IT!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Car Berry

Car: '00 2.0L Blue Beetle
Default P0422

Hi, i stumbled upon this thread. i got my oil changed and my CEL diagnosed and they said it was P0422 and that it meant that i was just low on oil. they did the oil change, and cleared the code, and it came back on the next day. i have a 2000 VW beetle 2.0L, and i'm wondering if it is the catalytic converter? and how can i find out about this extended warranty?

thanks!
bridget
Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
NB Yellow Trifecta

Car: Yellow '98 GLS / Lemon Yellow '99 GLS / Reflex Yellow & Sliver '00 GLX Turbo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues18 View Post
Hi, i stumbled upon this thread. i got my oil changed and my CEL diagnosed and they said it was P0422 and that it meant that i was just low on oil. they did the oil change, and cleared the code, and it came back on the next day. i have a 2000 VW beetle 2.0L, and i'm wondering if it is the catalytic converter? and how can i find out about this extended warranty?

thanks!
bridget

You can go here and ask if you NB is covered under the extended CAT warranty.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 AM

I just pulled a P0422 this evening. Just when I thought I would have a break from all of this other stuff I never could find a reply if replacing the cat worked for sure. Does anyone know?
Thanks!!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 AM
New Beetle Lover

Car: '00 GLS - Anette, '00 GLS - Beauty

Just an FYI, the link listed in this post doesn't work or was improperly formatted.

The error I get is this:

Not Found

The requested URL /content/us_dbs/brand/en/redirects/customerservice/contactus/customercare/en/us/.html was not found on this server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Beetle View Post
You can go here and ask if you NB is covered under the extended CAT warranty.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:21 AM

Car: '03 Vert GLX 1.8t 6 speed Tip

It`s a link that was posted over 4 years ago!!!

Even in the Internet age, nothing lasts forever unless you have done something foolish and it is caught on video or in a public record!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.