Power Window won't close - NewBeetle.org Forums
NewBeetle.org Forums
Go Back   NewBeetle.org Home > NewBeetle.org Forums > Discussion - Technical > Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle

Questions, Issues, Concerns, or Problems with the New Beetle General discussion of New Beetle features, problems, and issues.

NewBeetle.org is the premier Volkswagen Beetle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 AM

Default Power Window won't close

My 04 New Beetle has a problem closing the power window. It goes part way up, stops, and then goes back down. Seems like it is sticking, but even pulling up on the window does not help. There is a VW Tech Bulletin about broken clips, but I am told that if the clips break, the window will not operate at all. Could this be a lubrication problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Worry less, drive more

Car: 2005 Blue Lagoon GLS TDI 5spd

My driver's window has done this so I ask the dealer to lube it and then it works with no problem. The cold weather seems to slow it down also.
My Ride - Daisy - 160k. 42-45 mpg. Front clear corners, Wet Okole seat covers, stubby antenna, dieselgeek short shifter, leather shift boot, dieselgeek aluminum skidplate, interior courtesy lights replaced with LEDs, 17" OEM Kukuna alloys, old Beetle-style 'meep meep' horn, custom dead pedal, engine cover and interior painted to match blue lagoon exterior. Up next - Malone stage 1.5 tune. Bought new 11/2/04.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:01 AM
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L

Car: white '99 2.0 GLS stick
Cool

Do your power mirrors operate properly? (yes, there is a connection)...
"Reality is just that surreal time between my dreams" - me
Old 01-01-2010, 06:14 AM
I Am Breitbart

Car: 2000 New Beetle GLS TDI Silver Arrow

My driver's side window has been fussy lately too. It will get to within an inch of closing and it slows down. If I use the auto-up it will stop and go back down. The only way to get it to close is to manually do it a little at a time. Power mirrors work fine. I've also been getting more wind noise from that side too, not sure if it is related to the window or not.

I'd like to know what the problem is and how to fix it. If it needs lube, where do I lube it?
5 speed swap w/SBC Stg 3 clutch and Dieselgeek short shifter, RC3, PP520's, Eurojet SMIC, 3 bar map, Dieselgeek skidplate, 2" lift w/VR6 springs, 2.5" turbo-back straight pipe "weedburner" side exhaust, air horn, ABD Cup front bumper, HID retrofit, LED tails, Bernt Pod w/McNally gauges. WISH LIST: VNT 17/22 hybrid turbo, RC5 and other silly stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
window , window motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the NewBeetle.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.